Chapter Twenty Three ~ Luckiest Girl

"What? really?" she gasped, taken back by my bold statement. I feared for a moment that this was the wrong time, maybe I had done it wrong or asked too soon? but before my thoughts could take over me, the blonde smiled widely. "of course I will be your girlfriend," she said in a slight whisper.

"yeah?" I breathed.

"yes Tara, 100% yes," she whispered back at me. The blonde began to pepper kisses all over my face, resulting in me giggling uncontrollably.

"you don't think it's too soon right? you're not just saying yes because you feel bad or-"

"Tara, I want to be your girlfriend, and it's not too soon, i promise you," she cut me off and I sighed a breath of relief, "now, you go and get changed, I want to take you out," she said.

"okay okay, i'm going," I said, pulling ellie out of the room with me, "wait here, i'll be as quick as possible,".

I left Ellie outside the changing rooms and joined the girls who were blasting music through the speaker.

"Here she is!" Katie boomed over the music, pulling me into a side hug, "I wanna see more of those mate," she smiled and I just shrugged.

"can't promise you anything darling," I replied, heading over to where Leah and Steph were stood.

"so?" they said in unison.

"she said yes," I whispered, still a little in shock myself. the two squealed with excitement to which I attempted to quiet them down, "shhh, I don't want everyone to know yet," I giggled.

"we're happy for you," Leah said, pulling me into a hug. "we are going out later if you want to come with us?" Leah offered.

"Erm, Ellie's actually taking me out somewhere but I can message you later, if you're still out i'll come?" I replied.

"sounds good, go get your girl," Steph smiled. throughout our conversation, I had got myself dressed and ready to go. luckily, Ellie was also only wearing a grey tracksuit so I wasn't going to be underdressed for her taking me out.

"ready?" Ellie asked, offering out her hand to me. everyone was still in the changing room so I took her hand and nodded, "you look beautiful," she told me.

"I look rough," I laughed and she giggled as we walked out to her car. "the girls are going out later, if we are done do you maybe want to join them?" I asked nervously.

"yeah sure, we won't be ages so I'm sure we will have more than enough time to join them," she said and I smiled at the girl stood next to me. I really gad gotten lucky.

"Steph knows by the way," I added cautiously, "no one else apart from Leah knows though I promise..." I began to ramble in fear that Ellie would get scared and be annoyed that I had told anyone at all.

"Tara, chill," she said, stopping me just outside her car. she took my hands and looked into my eyes, "it's okay, I really don't mind," she told me and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"are you sure?" I smiled a little.

"more than sure you idiot," she laughed at me and I rested my head in the crook of her neck, giggling a little too. After our moment, we pulled apart and got in the car together.

"so, where are we going?" I asked.

"Just somewhere quiet, I just want to spend time with you," she smiled, placing a hand on my knee that sent butterflies to my stomach.

-

A short car journey later and we pulled up outside a small cafe, just outside the business of central manchester. Ellie led me in and pulled out a chair at a table for two, allowing me to take a seat before she walked round to the other side and took a seat herself. She chose a small table tucked away at the back, it was just us two.

"before you say anything, I'm paying, you're not, it's settled," She said.

"But"

"nope, it's settled," she smirked.

"fine but i'm paying next time?" I made a deal with the blonde.

"sure," she said, hoping that I will have forgotten next time and she will get to pay again, she's wrong. our mini disagreement was ended when a waitress came over to take our order.

"I'll have a coffee please," I told the waitress.

"make that two," the blonde added. the waitress nodded at us before heading back to prepare our orders. "so, tell me something," she said.

"like what?" I laughed. Although me and Ellie had gotten to know each other a lot, there were still things we hadn't talked about; like my family, what life was like when I was a kid.

"tell me about your family, they seem fun," she smiled. she seemed genuinely intrigued about what I was going to say.

"well, it's always just been me, my brother and my parents, we were always really close," I smiled thinking about them, "We lived just outside Birmingham until I was around five and then moved to London, and again it was just us four. If anything, moving made us even closer, we only had each other then," I told the blonde. The waitress from before returned and handed us our coffees.

After thanking her, the conversation continued, "How old is your brother?" Ellie questioned.

"He's a little bit older than me, he's 24, he's the one who got me into football, probably also the reason I can get quite rough at times, he never went easy on me at all," I laughed and so did Ellie.

"is he also the reason you scored a belter like that earlier?" she laughed.

"no way, that was all me!" I said, flipping my hair sarcastically.

"oh right yeah," she nodded her head and shrugged. Suddenly, she reached across the table and took my hand into hers. "How did I get so lucky," I blushed at her words and hid my face in the hand she wasn't holding.

"I think you'll find that I'm the lucky one," I replied, grinning from ear to ear. We sat like this for a few minutes, just looking into each other's eyes.

"I really want to kiss you right now," she whispered.

"hey, don't steal my line," I giggled, ruining the moment a little bit pulling her back in when I added, "kiss me then," boldly. Without any further words, my lips were taking into hers in a soft and gentle kiss. I brought my hand up to cup her cheek and the kiss continued slowly.

Once we both pulled away, all I could see were her bright blue eyes, piecing into mine. I was taken back by the beauty of them.

I really was the luckiest girl...