Chapter Seventeen ~ Lovebirds

Tara's POV!
The night was beginning to come to a close and I had spent every minute of it making up for lost time with Ellie. I just couldn't seem to get enough of the girl in my arms.

"thank you for tonight," I said, close to her face, "most people would have shrugged my apology off so I really appreciate you giving me another chance, thank you," I continued.

"You don't have to thank me, there's no way I could have rejected you tonight, seeing you there in front of me, looking as beautiful as you do, I'd be stupid to let you go," she said back, our fore heads now pressed together. Just as our lips were about to collide, we were rudely interrupted by a set of blondes.

"come on lovebirds, the taxi is outside, i'm going back to alex's and you guys can go to Taras, yeah?" Leah slurred out to which I looked at Ellie.

"are you okay with that?" I asked her and she nodded shyly, "sounds like a plan," I nodded at Leah as I grabbed her hand for her to lead me and Ellie out of the club. We stumbled into the taxi, Ellie falling straight into my lap. "cmon, but your belt on," I whispered to the much more drunk girl that was lay over me.

I was responded to with a groan and a few grunts before she just snuggled into me more, guess she wasn't gonna budge. The taxi took Alex and Leah to where Alex was staying and me and ellie were driven the rest of the car ride to my apartment.

"Ellie, we're here," I whispered to the rough looking blonde in my lap, she was black out drunk and she still looked just as beautiful. Ellie slowly lifted herself up and stumbled out of the taxi, I thanked the driver before steadying the blonde who had just almost tumbled out of the car.

Silently, we made our way up to my apartment. I supported her with my arm wrapped firmly around her waist from behind as I walked her there. When we made it to my door, I quietly unlocked it and let us in, once again, guiding Ellie to the sofa for some kind of stability.

"Here drink this," I said, handing her a glass of water and taking a sip of my own. How Ellie had managed to get this drunk I don't know but I was glad I had been safe and stopped drinking earlier on in the night.

"Tara?" A sleepy Ellie said as we sat in silence, the only light in the room behind reflections from street lamps.

"Yeah?" I smiled, looking over at her.

"you're amazing," she said, staring directly into my eyes, "like really really really amazing and I don't know how I got so lucky," she said. at this, I shuffled over to the blonde and cupped her face with my hand.

"and you're just as amazing... you might even pass as my favourite person right now," I told her to which she giggled and nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck, "hey, look at me," I told her and she lifted her head to stare straight into my eyes.

I rested my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her down into a deep kiss. her hands found their way to my cheek as she cupped my face gently. The kiss never got heated, though the tension was clearly there. But the kiss stayed soft and showed each other how much we didn't mean our actions earlier in the day.

When we were finally able to pull away, we stared into each others eyes. Just looking at her, I knew she was special. I had no idea what point we were up to, especially after that set back, but I knew that I didn't want anyone else in this moment.

"let's get you to bed yeah?" I suggested and helped Ellie up, guiding her down the hall to my bedroom. After handing her a pair of pyjama shorts and one of my arsenal T-shirts, I let her get dressed while I went back into the living room to put a blanket and a pillow down for me to sleep.

"Is someone else joining?" Ellie asked, jokingly but also kind of serious.

"huh? oh, no... I'm sleeping here, I could never make you do that," I laughed and turned back around to adjust the blanket on the sofa. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist.

"please Tara, I don't want to sleep alone," she said quietly. She didn't seem to be teasing me or saying it for fun, she genuinely didn't want to sleep alone.

"Why not? I'll be right here," I told her but she just fell silent.

"please T, It doesn't have to mean anything I promise, it's just... a new place, I can't sleep in a room on my own," she said, the alcohol clearly getting to her a lot.

"you promise you're okay with it?" I asked, I had to ask, she was drunk and we had barely spoke for two weeks before today.

"I'm okay with it, so please," she insisted so I turned around and walked her back to the bedroom where I made sure she was okay in bed before climbing in myself. As soon as I was next to her, she had shuffled closer to me and rested her head on my chest.

"thank you Tara," she whispered. I had to giggle before responding.

"for what my love?" but I got no response, I listened to the breathing pattern change as she fell asleep. I sat there wondering how I had almost thrown all this away.

How had I almost let my shitty ex and my past force me to let her go? I knew me and Ellie would have to talk again at some point, and I'd have to tell her what Aaron had done... but for now I was just glad that I had her in my arms and I would wake up with her there too.

I smiled as I felt my eyes close for the night. She was perfect...