Chapter Eighteen ~ I Already Knew

"You got everything?" I asked, handing over Ellie's bag to her as she stood at the door. In response, she nodded and I leaned in to hug her, "I wish you could stay longer," I complained and I felt Ellie shake in my arms laughing.

"I wish I could too, but you play man united soon, maybe I could come and watch?" she suggested. We were set to play man united away for the WSL next week, a bit unfair to say we had a champions league match that Sunday.

"yeah, you're right, you'd really sit in the arsenal stands for me huh?" I said and she shook her head.

"I hate to admit it, but yes I would, plus, I've already had to sleep in an arsenal shirt," she shrugged, faking a painful look. I laughed at her before staring into her eyes lovingly. "thanks for letting me stay," she added and I nodded at her.

"of course," I replied, I couldn't hold back any longer, I pushed myself up on my tip toes and placed my lips onto hers gently. as usual, her lips were soft and I wanted more. But before anything happened, Ellie pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I'll see you soon," she smiled before placing one last kiss onto my lips and backing out of the door with her bag in her hands. I'd known this girl for just over two weeks and I was already sad at her leaving? mad.

The blonde didn't take her eyes off me until the final moment and the door closed. I was alone again. It had been a crazy week since leaving camp so abruptly but being with Ellie just that one night seemed to make everything better instantly...

-

"You're never leaving again by the way," Sammy said as we sat on my couch, multiple bags of chocolate and crisps surrounding us.

"I hate to break it to you but I'm going to have to," I laughed, breaking my trance at the Tv to look at the girl lay beside me. She responded with a grunt before looking at me.

"you're so lucky I love you," she said, a blank expression on her face.

Our mini conversation was interrupted by a text message.

*   *   *
Ellie: I miss you already?? Is that normal? come to Manchester soon x
*   *   *

I caught myself smiling at the message which didn't go unnoticed by Sammy.

"I see you two made up then?" she laughed and I nodded, a smile still plastered on my face, "have you told her yet?" the brunette asked.

"not yet... but she knows that I will when I'm ready," I told her, deep in thought.

"what are you thinking about?"

Sammy always knew when there was something on my mind, big or small, she knew, and she wouldn't stop trying to find out what it was until she got an answer. it's something I've always loved about her, it's what makes her such a good best friend.

"I really like her Sam... I really really like her, and I don't know why, I just do and I can't help it," I explained, making eye contact with her again.

"I know you do, I can tell," she smiled, "are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend?" Sammy asked and I sat there just thinking.

"I want to, I just don't know when, What if it's too soon and we go back a thousand steps?" I responded.

"I get you, but If you saw yourself when you're around her or when you get a message from her, you see that now is definitely not too soon... just go with what feels right," she explained and I nodded with a small smile.

Girlfriend. if you would have told me two weeks ago that the girl who refused to look in my direction and seemed to hate my guts would be the girl I was thinking about asking to be my girlfriend, I would have said you were mad. But sammy was right, I needed to go with what was right... and now felt right.

"I love you Sam," I smiled.

"I love you most!" she replied, she shot me a smile and I laughed at her childish nature before focussing back at the screen.

That night, Sammy left and I decided to FaceTime Ellie. It rang for a few moments before her face popped up on my screen, smiling widely.

"Hi pretty," I said.

"hey," she replied, biting her lip to cover the smile that kept growing on her face, "I miss you already," she said and now it was my turn to attempt to cover the smile.

"I miss you too... but I'll see you Wednesday, and we travel Tuesday so maybe I can come see you then?" I suggested.

"I'd like that," she smiled and I giggled at her all of a sudden blushing face.

"are you blushing?"

"what? noooo!" she protested but the giggle on her face told me differently.

"oh right," I laughed, "what time did you get back home?" I asked.

"a couple of hours ago, Sorry I didn't message you, I fell asleep as soon as I hit the sofa," she explained.

"don't be sorry, as long as you got home okay," I said.

"what did you get up to once I left?"

"Oh, Sammy came over and we watched some movies, I've missed her," I explained and Ellie just giggled to herself, "what's funny" I laughed.

"you remember when you came out of the bathroom after calling her and I got all annoyed about you being in there too long?" she reminded me.

"Yeah...? continue?" I urged, a confused smile on my face.

"we'll I wasn't annoyed about the bathroom... I was jealous..." she said and hid her face in a pillow.

"oh wow! shock!" I said.

"what? did you already know?"

"ellie of course I did, i'm not stupid, or blind," I told her and hid her face once again, giggling. I laughed at her childish state, and at the fact she was so perfect.

We carried on talking for about an hour until we sat in silence for a while, I thought it was best to check if she was asleep, and not to my surprise, she was.

I smiled at the thought of her sleeping, that fact she felt comfortable enough to do so on the phone to me just made me so happy, I really had found the most amazing girl... and it's been two weeks.

oh dear...