Chapter Twenty One ~ Lets Go

That night, Ellie dropped me off the same place she picked me up. after hours of talking about everything yet nothing at all, she kissed me goodbye and I made my way back to my room. Gio was still awake when I entered and I was met with a smirk from the brunette.

"are you going to tell me now?" she asked smiling, her usual cheeky smile.

"absolutely not," I laughed, jumping on the bed and tackling her a little. I ruffled her hair a little before settling down and resting my head on her chest. Gio was like my ever so slightly younger sister, so were Katherine and Teyah.

"I'll tell you one day," I said and the brunette huffed at me.

"fine fine, just make sure they treat you right yeah?" she said and I nodded. Our sister moment was disturbed by a knock on the door followed by Teyah and Katherine walking in. Must have forgot to lock the door.

"okay I feel left out," Teyah said and I laughed before putting my arm out for the two of them to join. We laid there for a few moments in silence. Me and teyah grew up at arsenal together and when katherine and Gio joined we all just clicked, it was nice.

"Tara has a girlfriend," Gio blurted.

"you just couldn't stop yourself could you?" I said to gio, giving her a straight face before laughing.

"Do you really?!" Teyah asked and I shook my head.

"no, I don't... soon though," I said, zoning out while thinking about what I was going to do tomorrow.

"How soon?" Katherine asked cheekily.

"soon," I smiled and they girls all rolled their eyes. We all stayed in the same room for about an hour until Teyah and Katherine went back to their room, leaving just me and Gio to go to sleep, ready for tomorrow.

Of course, I didn't go to sleep before messaging Ellie a goodnight text, telling her how much I appreciated tonight. I had a plan for tomorrow, I wasn't going to make it big but I knew I was going to do it after the match.

-

The morning after, I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ears. groaning, I pulled myself out of bed and began to get ready for the day. As you know, i'm normally not a morning person, but knowing what today was I was determined to get to the game and see Ellie.

"GIO!" I called from the bathroom, realising that I'd forgotten to wake the brunette up.

"Jesus I'm up," she said, walking into the bathroom.

"whoops sorry, thought you were still in bed," I smiled.

"why are you so enthusiastic this morning... OH MY GOD!" Gio exclaimed and I covered my ears.

"what? what happened?" I said back, slightly worried at her abrupt screams.

"she's going to be there isn't she?" she said and I froze. Of course today the girls would see me with Ellie and they would definitely start to speculate, but that hadn't hit me yet.

"er- well... erm," I stuttered out before giving up, "shut up gio, get ready!" I smirked before leaving the stunned brunette in the bathroom, swiftly making my way down to the breakfast area of the hotel.

Once downstairs, I was greeted by an excited Lotte who wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. Lotte always gave the best hugs, no matter what. I'd received multiple of them in my time here and I've got to say they are better than any other hugs.

"good morning lots," I smiled, pushing my head into the crook of her neck.

"morning short," she chuckled, tightening her grip around me. "come on breakfast is almost ready," she said pulling me down to sit with her, Leah, beth and viv.

As I sat down, Leah gave me a small smirk to which I rolled my eyes at. I was just waiting for her to drop a bomb.

"got anyone coming to watch today Tara," there it was. She smirked at me causing the girls to flash me confused looks.

"yes actually," I said smugly but Leah wasn't finished.

"oh yeah, who?" she said, of course she was just messing with me but I want ready to tell anyone yet. Instead, I just tapped my nose at her and smiled before reaching over to pour myself some apple juice.

that girl.

-

Around mid day, we got on the coach and started our short journey to the home of Manchester women. The journey was all of ten minutes but Leah and still managed to nag me about Ellie the whole time.

After we arrived, we passed the crowd of arsenal fans who cheered each of our names as we walked in, they really are the best. Our swift entrance led us straight to the changing room where we began to get dressed for warm ups.

"All jokes aside, Is Ellie still coming today?" Leah asks me, much more serious this time.

"I think so, Haven't heard anything different so," I shrugged my shoulders.

"how did last night go?" she asked, pulling her boots on as she spoke.

"It was good... great actually, she told me how she really felt and I did too so," I smiled at the thought of what had happened last night.

"I'm happy for you kid, hope today goes well," she smiles.

"thanks, Im just going to ask her when I see her, no big thing, just ask her," I said, Leah continued to smile like a proud mom until she finished putting her shoes on and patted my back.

"let's go my girl," she said, pulling me up as we walked out onto the pitch for warm up. let's go.

A/N: Sorry this is really late and not the best, please let me know what you want to see, more drama? more cuteness? comment please🫶🏼hope you're all well x