Chapter Eleven ~ Breathe

Tara's POV!
After 15 minutes we arrived outside the stadium. I didn't hold Ellie's hand this time as we left due to the large crowd of fans who were bound to notice it.

In this moment, my nerves started to kick in. Yes, this wasn't an important game, but it's England, we haven't lost in how many games... I couldn't be the reason that ended. And here I was, unable to grab Ellie's hand, struggling to put my breathing right.

"Tara, what's wrong?" Ellie asked quietly so that no one could hear. I took a deep breath and tried to steady myself but nothing worked, I tried to talk but no words came out. "just hang in there, wait till we're inside," she told me.

Once inside and out of view from the crowd outside, Ellie pulled me aside and grabbed both my hands.

"Tara, breathe... please," Ellie said but I couldn't, she began looking around for help and she managed to catch the attention of Leah and Keira who came rushing over to us.

"Tara, you're okay," Leah told me, she didn't seem certain though, she'd seen me nervous and panicky before my arsenal debut and other games but this was worse. "Tara please, breathe," she tried to tell me but I just sunk to the floor. Leah sat down next to me and I could feel Ellie stood next to me.

"I-I ca-can't do It-t," I managed to push out and Leah grabbed my head gently to face her.

"Yes, Yes you can, you can't be doing this to yourself, have you seen yourself play Tara? you're amazing," She spoke and my breathing began to go back to normal but my sight stayed blurry. "you're okay, we've got you, we know you can do it," she continued and Ellie lowered herself so that she was sat beside me.

I felt myself get pulled into Ellie's lap as she held my head close to her chest.

"I-I'm so s-sorry," I cried quietly into Ellie's chest but she just shushed me, trying to keep my as calm as possible.

"don't Tara, there's nothing to be sorry about," Ellie said. The other two, Leah and Keira, Stood there in awe of me and Ellie who seemed so comforted in each others arms.

Leah's POV!
Me and Kei stood there smiling at the pair who had seemed to grow so close in the few days we had been here. Tara let out a sniffle every now and then but Ellie kept her close to her chest.

"Cute," Keira whispered to me smiling.

"very cute, they just seem to get one another... i've seen them looking at each other," I told Keira.

"come on, let's go get ready, you'll be fine after the warm up," we heard Ellie tell Tara who was helped up by the blonde. we smiled at Ellie as she wrapped an arm around Tara's waist and guided her to the changing room.

Tara's POV!

It had been a while since my break down and I'd managed to calm down, with the help of Ellie. We were currently in the tunnel waiting to go out. Leah at the front, Ellie second and then me right behind her. This was really happening...

The game started well, we had managed to keep the ball away from the opposing team for long periods of time and whenever they got it back, we were back to stealing for ourselves.

It was minute 34 when Hemp crossed it to Russo in the box who shot it straight into the back of the net, causing it to ripple. We all ran over to the both of them, celebrating their goal. Of course, with Ellie being the keeper, she was left at the other end clapping. and I wasn't about to let that happen. Being one of the fastest on the team helped as I bolted over to the blonde and jumped into her arms.

"didn't think i'd let you celebrate on your own did you?" I said in her ear, making her giggle before putting me down. I ran back to starting positions and continued the rest of this half.

Half time came and went and it was time to start the second half. I was determined to show Sarina what I could really do, whether in an assist or a goal: I had my opportunity right now.

at 86 minutes, I saw a space open up in front of Hemp who passed it to me, I passed it to Russo in the box before making my run towards the goal, collected the ball of Russo on my way and smashing it into the back of the net.

The ball hitting the net went in slow motion as I realised what I had achieved.

"T!" All the girls called, jumping on my back, but the only person I cared about was the girl stood in green at the other end of the the pitch.

"Go see her," Leah whispers to me so that none of the other girls hear. Once the girls break away, I make the sprint over to Ellie who hugs me tighter than before.

"I'm so proud of you," she smiled.

-

"Tara?" Ellie calls from the door of the changing room, I look over at her to see her calling me over with her hand. So, I excuse myself from the group I was with and reach my hand out to Ellie who was offering hers to me.

"What's going on?" I asked confused as Ellie pulled me to a corridor just off from the changing room. "Ellie?" I repeated but she just looked back at me and smiled a little. We finally entered a room after what felt like years and Ellie took a seat on a couch. Before I could speak, I was pulled onto the blondes lap.

"now can you tell me what's going on?" I laughed at the smiling girl who was looking up at me. It was usually me looking up at her, but due to my position on her lap, It was my turn to be taller.

"I'm really proud of you tonight," she smiles and I melt instantly. those words have hardly ever met my ears. I buried my head in her neck and took in her scent, "Your debut and you score a goal like that," she says, rubbing my back and playing with my hair.

"I couldn't have done it without you," I tell her, " and some of those saves were beautiful," I tell her and she smirks. I stare into her blue orbs as she stares back at mine. This moment felt so right and I had to do it.

We both leaned in at the same time, like gravity was pulling us together. she asked me permission and I nodded before our lips finally connected. Her hands gripped my back, pulling me closer, while my hands found the back of her head and held it gently.

This moment was so perfect...