Chapter Thirteen ~ Crybaby

Leah's POV!
Me and Keira look over to where Tara is sat with Ellie, only to be met with a stare of fear from Ellie, her eyes asking for help. I nudged Keira to follow me as we made our way over to the girls. Ella and Alessia had also noticed and had made their way over along with a few of the other girls.

"Ellie get me home," Tara said bluntly, she seemed in a panic.

"Tara speak to me, use words," Ellie told Tara but the brunette just looked terrified.

"Ellie take me home please!" she said a little louder, jumping off the stool and trying to pull the blonde with her.

"Tara talk to us," I shouted over the music as she kept pulling Ellie out of the bar. She was really terrified.

but why?

"No Leah! get me out!" she shouted shakily, continuing to pull Ellie who told me to stay where I was as she followed Tara out.

"What was that about?" Lucy asked when she came back from the toilet. She placed her arm around Keira who looked just as scared as the rest of us.

"Tara... we don't know what happened but she just freaked out and made Ellie take her home," I explained.

Ellie's POV!
"Tara slow down what's going on!" I shouted when we'd got out of the bar.

"Ellie please, get me away," she said quietly this time, she looked broken. I was still completely confused but the frail girl stood infront of me broke my heart into a million pieces. "I'm sorry," she told me and It broke my heart even more than it already was.

"no don't be sorry, come on, i'll take you back and we can talk," I told her but she just shook her head at me.

"no, go back in, I'll get a taxi," she suggested to me but I refused, I was not going to go back in and leave her like this, I wouldn't be able to have fun anyways when I knew the state she was in.

"no, i'm coming back with you,"

"I need to go home Ellie," she cried again, "home home," She added and I knew what she meant.

"What about the game?" I said, meaning the game that was coming up in a couple of days.

"I can't do it, I need home, I'm sorry," she broke down again and I just held her close to me.

"okay okay, We'll get you to the hotel and we can talk to Sarina in the morning," but again she shook her head in my chest.

"I'm going home tonight... I can't stay here," She said and I was still more confused than ever. What had happened in those five minutes that had made her feel so unsafe? Who was in that bar? my questions were answered when I saw her eyes open wide in fear.

"Crying again are you? some things never change do they?" a voice said from behind me. I turn around to see a drunken man looking down at Tara's cold body. I'm not someone who gets scared easily but i'm also not someone who normally fights back either but in this moment I had to stick up for Tara.

"And who the fuck are you?" I asked, folding my arms at the man.

"Oooooo vicious," The man laughed but I kept my glare at him, waiting for his response, "I'm your little friends ex boyfriend who she stupidly left last year... stupid stupid girl," he spat out.

Everything started to add up.

"She's not stupid, by the looks of things she used her brain when she got away from you," I snapped back and the man started to approach me. "get any closer and you're going to regret it," of course I wouldn't physically fight this man but I wasn't going to act scared either.

"Give me her and I'll leave you alone," He said.

"unlike you, I care about her and I'm not going to let anything happen to her, So if I were you I'd back down pal," I told him while he stood there smirking.

"oh T, you've found yourself a little girlfriend," he mimicked and that was when I saw Leah and Lucy run out of the bar looking for us.

"What's going on out here?" I heard Leah shout as she approached us. I took this moment to go back over to Tara who had stayed silent in fear. clearly this wasn't just a break up, he had done something to her.

"Aaron? what are you doing here?" Leah asked.

"I've come to see Tara, you know we ended on good terms and I just thought I would come and see her debut," he explained and that's when I started to piece it all together. Something had happened during this break up but no one knew the true story, everyone thought it was a happy ending but really it was eating away at Tara, making her fear him like this.

"I'm starting to think these 'good terms' weren't as good as you're making them out to be," Leah said sternly, "now I don't know what you've done, but it's enough to put Tara in this state, so I suggest you leave," Leah said.

"Leah come on now, you know me, Tara isn't scared of me!" He replied to the blonde who shook her head.

"Clearly I don't know you, now back off and leave her alone," she said, anger burning in her voice.

"Looks like you've been saved by your little body guards, you'll miss me one day," Aaron said, as he barged past Tara, almost knocking her over. I grabbed onto her to stable her when she completely broke down in my arms. Her whole body shook with sobs and Lucy and Leah came over to hold her with me.

How could anyone do this to her?

"Tara, I'll call your mom and let her know you're going home," Leah said, "Ellie you call a taxi and we'll go and pick your things up," She told me which I did. Lucy went back in to inform the others on what was happening before she came out and comforted Tara more.

Tara's POV!
The taxi soon arrived and I tried to convince Ellie to stay out but she was having none of it. I thanked Lucy and Leah and apologised way more times than I could count before getting in the taxi with Ellie.

"come here," she said, pulling me so my head was in her lap. Her hands ran through my hair which calmed me down and put my breathing normal. I still couldn't bring myself to explain what had happened last year to Ellie, I didn't want her to regret getting involved with me so I just kept quiet.

But secrets never help anything...