Chapter Eight ~ The Coach

"Hey, are you free to call now? I don't think I'll get chance on the coach?" I say to Sammy down the phone. I'm currently on my own in the room while Ellie is with Alex. After earlier we haven't had chance to talk because we've been so busy packing our things for Old Trafford tomorrow.

"Yeah I'm free, so what have you got to tell me?" She asks me impatiently.

"calm down I was getting to that point," I joked, "Well, I spoke to Ellie the other day, turns out that the girls were in fact right and she was scared to talk to me because she fancied me," I said and I could imagine Sam's face on the other end of the phone.

"oh wow, you've been there two days and you're already pulling," she says and I laugh at her childish reaction, "what did you say back?"

"Well I was honest and said that I don't know her enough to like her, but I'm willing to get to know her, you know I've had my eye on her before,"

"that's my girl, and yes, don't think i've not seen you eyeing her up at games against city," she teases.

"SAM! don't get outing me like that!" I shout, "but you cannot tell anyone, you have to promise me," I tell the girl.

"T, you're my only friend, I'm not going to tell anyone," She reassures me and I smile forgetting she can't see me.

"Thanks Sam, I love you," I say and she says it back before we end the call with her wishing me luck for tomorrow. just as I put the phone down, the door opens to reveal Ellie.

"who was that?" she says curiously.

"Oh just Sammy," I say and she nods.

"It's almost time to leave, are you ready?" she asks me and I nod. This time it's her turn to put her hand out for me to take and I smile at this. " Is this your bag?" she asks.

"Oh shit yeah," I say and bend down to get it but Ellie reaches it first and picks it up, keeping grip of my hand.

"i've got it," she smiles and I give her a look, "nope, i'm carrying it for you, it's not a big deal Tara," and I give in. We make our way down to the reception where a coach is waiting outside for us.

It hit me now that I had no Idea who I was going to sit next to on the coach. I was more than okay to sit by myself as I'll probably be sleeping anyways. As if she read my mind Ellie spoke up.

"You can sit with us if you want, there's tables of four so we have space," she said pointing between her and Alex.

"Yeah join us Tara, It's time I got to know you a bit more," she said winking at Ellie and receiving a nudge.

"Okay sure, But know that I'm going to sleep for most of it," I say.

"Don't worry, we are the calmest ones on there, you'll sleep fine," Alex says and we pick up our bags to put in the bottom of the coach. Of course, Ellie puts my bag in for me which I thank her for. After putting our bags on the coach, we make our way on and find a four seater where I sit by the window next to Ellie and Alex sits opposite us.

"Oh My God I've been betrayed," Leah shouts when she sees me sat with Ellie.

"calm down Leah, you're still my favourite arsenal gal," I say and she smiles again, unlike Beth who shouts

"ERM what did I just hear?"

"nothing Bethany, I love you most," and she smiles again before following Leah further down the coach. Shortly after I let out a yawn, not realising how tired I actually was.

"come here," Ellie says and I look at her to make sure she's sure.

"Tara, it doesn't have to mean anything to everyone else, I don't mind," she said as she put her arm around me and pulled me closer to her. I gently placed my head on her chest and got comfy. I felt her hand make its way to my head and hold me close. Her scent was so relaxing and before I knew it I had fallen asleep in her arms.

Ellie's POV!

I look down to see Tara asleep in my arms and then looked back up at Alex who had a smile on her face. She had been asleep on me now for a good half an hour and I promised myself I would not move a muscle until she woke up.

"you really like her don't you?" Alex asked me out of the blue, luckily no one around had heard so I checked to make sure Tara was asleep before answering.

"I do... I know i've had my eye on her before but her personality is so great, she's better than I expected her to be," I told my best friend.

"I can tell, don't forget to take it slow though, I can't bare you see you get hurt again," Alex told me and I gave her a smile.

"we are taking it slow, I can tell that's what she wants to do as well," I tell her and she nods. Tara starts to stir in her sleep so I look down at her to check that she's okay.

I've really got it good for this girl...