Chapter Ten ~ You and Her

The movie lasted for about 2 hours and, of course, by the end, Ellie was fast asleep between my legs but was now holding onto me. My hand was still running through her soft blonde hair. Most the girls didn't really bat an eyelid as they were either too caught up in the movie, or they saw it as a friendly interaction.

And, at this moment in time, it was just a friendly action, but with feelings fighting their way through. When the movie ended, I wriggled my way out of Ellie's grip without waking her and scooped her up bridal style.

"you got her?" Alex said to me. The others were busy in a conversation.

"Yeah, thanks," I smile and Ellie's stirs, bringing her arms up around my neck, snuggling in a little, "She's cute isn't she?" I laugh and Alex looks at me.

"She's precious," she responds and I smile at her again, "okay, get her to bed, big day tomorrow," She tells me and I nod before silently waving goodbye to everyone. As it was a friendly against Spain tomorrow, Ellie had been told that she would be in the starting lineup, along with me.

I carried the sleeping blonde down to our room, unlocked the door with the keycard (with a bit of a struggle) and finally managed to gently place her down on her bed. Just as I did yesterday, I shook her awake to get her dressed and she did so.

She still barely woke up and was soon back in bed, dozing off again. Instead of making my way to my bed first, I sat on her bed to make sure she was okay. Gently, I moved a piece of hair from in front of her face, still trying not to wake her again.

I then made my way over to my own bed and got in. I was starting to really enjoy my time here.

-

"Ellie wake up we need to go," I said stressing, I'd packed mine and her bags before waking her and was now trying my best to get her up.

"why what time is it?" She asked, too calm for my liking.

"8:20 so get up," I said hurriedly. We were expected downstairs in ten minutes and we were cutting it really short. I Checked both of our kit bags before joining Ellie in brushing my teeth and putting on my England tracksuit.

"Tara chill," Ellie said and I gave her a death stare in response.

"Ellie, I don't like being unorganised," I complained and she giggled while I continued to get things ready. With just two minutes to spare, I grabbed our bags and Ellie's hand and we left. I practically pulled Ellie the whole way down the stairs until we made it to the reception where the girls were.

"See, we made it in time," Ellie laughed and so shot her a look. I was much more relaxed now we had done it but it wasn't a great way to start a match day. The coach was outside ready to take us in the fifteen minute drive down to the stadium. "Let me take your bag," Ellie said and I tried to insist that I took them but she had none of it.

"so... you and Ellie?" Chloe said once Ellie was out of earshot.

"What about us?" I giggled.

"I saw you last night when you walked in... and when the movie was playing... and as you left," she smirked.

"It's just friendly... promise," I lied and Chloe didn't seem to believe me.

"You can tell me you know, I'm not going to make fun of it, it's quite cute," She said and I smiled at the fact people here already saw us together.

"I know I can... but there's nothing I swear," I told her. I felt bad for lying but Ellie wasn't here to vouch for herself so I opted otherwise to lie.

"Okay, If you say so," she said placing an arm around me, we started walking to the coach where Ellie was stood waiting after putting the bags on the seats in the coach.

"Hey," I said when me and Chloe approached the blonde. I smiled a little but I could sense Chloe next to me smirking to herself.

"Hi," She replied.

"I'll let you have her back," Chloe joked and released her arm from around me before stepping onto the bus.

"What did that mean?" Ellie panicked and I turned to face her.

"She was joking," I could tell that Ellie was scared I had said something to her, "I haven't said anything I promise, she just saw us last night and jumped to conclusions," I reassured the blonde and she seemed to calm down a little.

"Okay, Okay, I'm sorry," She said.

"Ellie stop it, don't be sorry, I get you," I told her before I noticed the rest of the girls coming out to the coach. I grabbed her hand and led her onto the coach where we sat in a two. It was only a short journey so alex sat with Lauren.

I took my seat by the window and Ellie sat next to me, placing her hand on my thigh discreetly. I smiled at this action and moved to rest my head on her shoulder.

"Thanks Tara," Ellie speaks up and I lift my head to look at her.

"For what?" I ask.

"This... You didn't have to give me a chance... but you have and I'm so glad that you did," She smiles, she doesn't make eye contact at first but once she's finished she locks eyes with me.

"Anyone would be stupid to not give you a chance Ellie," I smiled and I could swear I saw a blush form on her cheeks, causing her to look down, "Thank you as-well, I was more nervous that I let on when I first got here, and apart from the first couple days, you've helped me settle in," I told her.

"I'm sorry about that still, it's really embarrassing to think about it," she smiled and I nudged her.

"It was pretty embarrassing for you," I joked, receiving a light punch in the arm and pretending to be really hurt.

"Let's not hurt eachother please and thank you," Sarina told us off like naughty school kids. She was joking of course but me and Ellie just started to giggle uncontrollably.

Leah's POV!
I was sat at the back with Keira, Lucy and Georgia. We had been discussing general things that had happened back home or while we were at camp. Until, Georgia brought up Ellie and Tara.

"Do any of you know what's happening with those two?" she pointed at the pair who were say there giggling none stop. I stayed quiet while Keira and Lucy just shook their heads, clearly wondering the same thing as G. If i'm honest, I don't actually know what's going on, I just knew that Tara had been very happy lately.

"Le? you know something?" Georgia asked me, I didn't know what to say, it wasn't for me to speak about.

"No, nothing, but I see it," I said, moving the focus off me and to the girls again.

"Me too you know, we've always made jokes about Ellie fancying Tara back at city," Keira said and I just nodded.

This was going to get interesting...