Chapter Thirty-One ~ Sorry

No one's POV:

"Tara... firstly, these are for you," Ellie smiled, handing over the bouquet. "and secondly, I know I might be the last person you want to see right now, but i'm not letting you go that easily," Ellie continued. "so... with the help of Leah, of course," she laughed, "I've decided that I need to prove to you how happy you make me... prove to you that you," she placed a finger on my chest, "know how to love someone... how to love me," she finished, looking nervous.

"how- wha- how did-" Tara attempted to speak but was cut off.

"I told you, with the help of Leah," she smiled, "can I carry on?" she asked hopefully, praying she hadn't already scared her off. A nod from Tara was enough for Ellie to continue. "I don't know fully why what happened happened, but I want you to know, that I love you with my whole heart..."

"I never-"

"i know you didn't, I know," Ellie stopped her before she felt bad, "and i've never felt this way towards someone before... that doesn't come to just anyone Tara... I feel it because you've made me feel it. you look into my eyes and I feel it. I catch you looking at me from across the room and I feel it. It's love Tara. and you know what, I could be completely wrong. you could have genuinely fallen out of love with me"

"Ellie don't say that... that's not true," Tara butted in, not being able to bare the thought of ellie thinking that.

"well then, please trust me when I tell you that you make me feel loved, I really promise you. you make me feel like i'm the only girl in the world. and I love you more and more each day because of that," by now, Tara had tears streaming down her face, along with ellie who could no longer hold back the waterworks. "now I know, you're not going to come running straight back to me, and I know it's going to take time for you to see it, but please just try before you run off again. please let me prove to you that you can love..." Ellie said, finally allowing Tara to speak.

"I'm so sorry Ellie... I really am, I should have spoken to you. I should have talked to you about how I was feeling, instead of leaving you in the dark," Tara cried. without hesitation, Ellie pulled Tara into her chest, holding her head close to her. Ellie's top was becoming soaked by the tears but she didn't care.

she loved her.

"shhh" Ellie whispered against Taras head, "I've got you," she muttered gently, continuing to whisper sweet nothings into her ear. Tara eventually pulled away and stared into the blondes eyes.

"I really am sorry Ellie... I love you... and I feel it I promise... I just don't know what to do with that feeling? how do I know it's real? when I've never been shown real love before now?" Tara whimpered, not breaking eye contact with the blonde once.

"I will spend every day for the rest of my life showing you that you can love and that you can be loved... because you're it for me Tara, you're all I want," Ellie explained carefully.

"I promise i'll work on it... I'd work on it for you, I want to be enough for you, El," Tara said.

"you are enough... Jesus you're way more than enough, I just need you to see that. and i'll make you see that,"

"I love you," Tara said, that being the only thing she could conjure up. that being the only thing she could feel after what Ellie had said.

Love

"I love you more than anything Tara," Ellie replied. kissing the top of her head as she pulled her back into another hug against her chest. She let Tara sob into her chest for a little while until she calmed down again.

"I really hate to ruin the moment but... Sarina wants to talk to us about plans for tomorrows training," Chloe said, poking her head through the door. The two girls just giggled at Chloe's scared face, "I genuinely am sorry to ruin it? I lost rock paper scissors so I had to," she added before she left.

"come on, let's go before we get kicked out of camp," Ellie laughed, placing her hand onto the bottom of Tara's back to guide her out of the cinema room.

As the two entered the meeting room, Tara clutching onto the flowers, there was a crowd of wolf whistles and cheers and they saw the couple back on good terms. Even sarina offered a wink in Taras direction. Tara had a feeling in her chest. relief? pure happiness? she didn't know but she knew that being with Ellie was causing it.

The meeting lasted around 30 minutes and the two girls had smiles plastered over their faces the entire time, earning many smirks from the others.

"your jaw not hurting yet?" Leah said, nudging Tara as they walked out the door. Tara giggled before glancing over at Ellie who was clearly being pestered by chloe and Esme.

"shut up," she said back, "i'm just... happy," she said back to the other blonde.

"i'm glad kid, you deserve it," Leah smiled, wrapping an arm around the younger girl before kissing her head and walking off. Tara didn't know where this would leave her and Ellie, but she did know that letting her go was the most stupid idea she'd ever had and she was going to do everything she could to make it up to her.

* * *
HELLO!
right we are gonna pretend that i didn't just see a comment and then remember I had this chapter ready and edit it so i can be posted, okay? okay :) i also don't feel as single writing these anymore ;) so i might post more hehehe
Anywaysssss, hope you're all okay and enjoy the chapter

ALSO ALSO ALSO, Ellie's bf🥹deeply saddened that she is not for the gals💔but i'm very happy for her, she deserved the world