Chapter Twenty Four ~ Better

We continued chatting about everything possible until my phone pinged and I was brought away from my conversational daze. Leah had messaged me saying they were heading out around seven to a club she had sent me the address of. Showing Ellie the message, she nodded and suggested we get going so that we can be ready in time.

The blonde dropped me off at my hotel and left, not before placing a soft kiss on my forehead and giving me a cheeky smile. We had planned for her to meet me at quarter to seven so we could walk down, the thought of holding her hand as we walked together brought butterflies to my stomach. 

It was currently half five which meant, in my mind, I didn't have enough time to get ready but of course I managed to. I opted for a black tight fit dress and some matching high heels, along with some casual makeup with a red lip. I'm not one to dress to impress but I did want to look good for Ellie... duh. Half way through getting ready, Gio and Teyah both came into the room with cheeky grins in their faces.

"What do you want?" I chuckled, the two just stared at me with puppy eyes, "no seriously, what do you want? You're worrying me," I added.

"We need you to be really honest with us," Gio giggled, earning a nudge from Teyah. They truly were like annoying little sisters. I gave them a look to go on, "Is it Ellie?" Jeez I thought they had found something groundbreaking out. I sighed a breath of relief at them.

"You got me," I put my hands up in defeat and the two began to giggle, bounding over to me in excitement. "Girls watch it I've got mascara in my hand," I warned.

" sorry sorry but that's so cute!" Gio said loudly, yep, definitely annoying. The two began bombarding me with questions: When did it happen? Is she your girlfriend? Can we meet her? Omg is she coming tonight? I froze at the state of the two giddy girls, "I'll explain everything later, promise and yes she's coming tonight so please, for the love of God, go easy on her yeah?" I asked, applying the last of my makeup.

"We will don't worry!" Teyah promised, "by the way you look great, she's a lucky lady!" she Smirked before leaving the room with Gio to get ready themselves. Finishing off getting ready, I checked the time to see it was 20 to seven, meaning I should probably start heading down to meet Ellie. As if she had read my mind, a message came through from the blonde herself.

Ellie: Right I know I'm early but I couldn't wait so, i'll be waiting x

I smiled knowing she was as excited to see me as I was to see her. I grabbed my bag quickly, putting my phone and purse in it, and then left swiftly to meet Ellie outside the hotel.

"Hello again," she whispered, pulling me into a hug. When she pulled away, she took my hand and we began our short walk to the bar. some of the girls had set off a little earlier to get us some seats so we wouldn't be on our own.

"you're okay with them all seeing us together right?" I asked.

"oh erm. Y-yeah of course I am," she smiled. but I could see right through her instantly.

"you're not are you," I said, a hint of sadness in my voice. why was she all of a sudden scared?

"No I am, I am," she said, seeming as if she was trying to convince herself more than me. Noticing my change in mood, the blonde stopped walking and stood in-front of me, "I'm just a little scared, okay? and that's not me saying I don't want to do this, because I do, and i'll be okay because you'll be there," she said. I couldn't tell if she was just telling me what I wanted to hear but I looked up to meet her eyes and nodded.

"i'll be there the whole time, you don't need to be scared," I said, almost as a whisper, "now come on, I want to get smashed and spend some time with my girlfriend," I giggled.

"you have a girlfriend? guess she wouldn't be too happy if I kissed you then," she sighed sadly, a smirk making it way to her face at our silliness.

"oh no, I'm sure she'd be more than okay with it," I whispered back, leaning in before Ellie closed the gap and our lips touched gently. "okay we should get a move on, the girls will be worried," I told her and she nodded before grabbing my hand and pulling me to start walking again.

-

"Here she is, the baller herself," a strong Irish accent called as me and Ellie entered the bar, making our way over to where the girls were sat. Ellie seemed to go tense, so I squeezed her hand to let her know I was right there.

"what drink girls? it's my round," Leah said, asking as she walked passed.

"vodka and coke please, El?" I looked back at the blonde who paused for a moment before responding.

Ellie's POV!

El

it's a nickname you would think was quite common for someone called Ellie but it always made me feel special. The fact she felt comfortable to call me that made my heart beat faster as she awaited my answer to her question.

I shook out of my daze and responded, "same as you, please," I smiled, squeezing Taras hand lovingly. I was hoping my pause had gone unnoticed but sadly it hadn't.

"what was that about?" she smiled as we took our seat.

"huh? oh nothing," I lied, not wanting her to think I was pathetic for getting butterflies over a simple nickname.

"if you're sure," she shrugged before placing a hand on my thigh and facing the girls again. I already knew most of the girls so settling in wasn't a problem, but what scared me was what they would think if they knew I was Taras girlfriend.

would they think she was too good for me? would they think it was weird that I was with her? what if they got annoyed and told me to leave? yes i may seem a little dramatic but my need for everything to be perfect for Tara made it hard for me not to assume the worst.

"so Ellie, what do we owe the pleasure of having you here?" katie asked. Tara had told me that some of the girls knew but katie wasn't one of them.

"oh erm," I started but didn't want to say anything to annoy Tara. I felt a reassuring squeeze on my thigh but I still couldn't find the words. in attempt for help I made eye contact for Tara who took the hint.

"okay, you're all going to find out one way or another so I may as-well tell you all now..." Tara started and gave me a look to make sure I was okay with her telling them, "Ellie is my girlfriend," she smiled and as the smiles appeared on the other girls faces, I knew I could relax. Okay maybe I did overreact but I know how protective the girls are of Tara and that scared me.

maybe things were working out better than I though they would...

* * *

A/N: oops I'm back, im really lacking motivation at the minute but i'll be updating as much as possible, I feel like these chapters are really boring at the minute so i'm very sorry but hope you enjoy this one 🫶🏼