Chapter Four ~ Pairing

*Alarm Rings*

I groan at the agonising sound and hit the bedside table until the sound finally stops. I picked up my pillow and put it over my head, blocking the sunlight.

"someone doesn't like mornings," Ellie giggled at me, I removed the pillow a little so I could see the blonde who had clearly just woken up herself but had managed to drag herself out of her bed.

"oh, so you've decided to speak to me today?" I said bluntly out of tiredness. The blonde simply looked at me, she seemed a little upset at my comment.
"Ellie, I'm joking, just don't mess with me on mornings... we don't get on," a smile formed back on her face at this.

"Really? I couldn't tell," she laughed and I sat up in bed. I was a little shocked that she was talking to me like this but it annoyed me that she was acting like she didn't ignore me all of yesterday. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Ellie went over to answer it.

"hey El, is Tara still here?" I heard Leah ask from the doorway.

"Yeah, come in," Ellie replied and a few seconds later, Leah appeared in front of me, laughing at my state.

"Leah don't,"

"I wasn't going to!" she put her hands up in defence. still laughing she said, "you almost ready for breakfast?"

"do I look almost ready for breakfast?" I replied and the blonde looked me up and down before laughing again.

"well can you get up please, i'm not waiting around for you," she said. At this point in the conversation, I realised that Ellie never came back after letting Leah in.

"Where did Ellie go?" I asked Leah.

"Bathroom, why?" She smirked

"Don't give me that look, she's still barely spoken to me," I sigh, "I asked her about it last night but she just said it was nothing and then this morning she started making jokes about my dislike of mornings," I told Leah and the blonde stood there amused.

"sounds like the perfect love story to me," I grabbed my pillow and threw it at her in annoyance of her childishness.

"get lost Leah, I'll be down in a bit," and with that, Leah left the room and I was left on my own to get ready.

-

after about 20 minutes I was ready to go to breakfast, Ellie had left five minutes before so I made my way down on my own. When I got there, most the girls were already there so I took a seat next to ella, Lessi, lauren and mary.

"Hey," I said as I sat down.

"Hey, how was your first night," Ella asked and I looked over at Ellie who was sat with Alex and chloe.

"it was okay, I'm not a morning person though so that was a sight for ellie," The group laughed before Alessia started talking.

"how did things go with Ellie anyways," she said and Mary and Lauren gave each other a look which I picked up on.

"it's not like that, it's quite the opposite," I reassured them and explained everything to all four girls.

"sounds like someone's got a little crush," Mary said and my eyes snapped to her instantly.

"no way, who purposely ignores the person they fancy? that's just odd," I said, trying to understand why everyone thought she fancied me.

"Someone who thinks the rest of us would take the mick out of her for it," Mary said and the girls nodded. that did make sense but I didn't want to get my hopes up like that. I don't even think I liked her that way, it's hard to when I haven't spoken to her.

"I don't know, I guess I'll have to see what happens today," I shrugged my shoulders and continued eating.

-

After breakfast I made my way out to training with Leah and Beth.

"How are you finding it Tara?" Beth asks, just as we reach the training pitch. "got your eye on anyone?" she said, trying to hold back laughter.

"Leah! you told her," I groaned.

"no I didn't, she asked, I explained a little and she came up with that herself," Leah defended herself, hands up in defence again.

I groaned before responding to Beth, "to answer your question, no I haven't, I don't have interest in people who don't make effort to get to know me," Beth looked down awkwardly as I saw Ellie walk passed me as I said this. she wouldn't know I was talking about her would she? surely not.

Leah tried to contain her laughter as I hit her on the arm and stood on the line next to the other girls.

"what's that about?" Ella asked and I just shook my head.

"just Leah being a dickhead," I sighed and focussed my attention on Sarina. She set us our task and put us into pairs, of course, almost like the fates were against me, I was paired with Ellie. As soon as Sarina put us together, Beth and Leah starting giggling to themselves and so did Lessi and Ella.

"what are they all laughing at?" Ellie said while we made our way over to some open grass.

"us," I said bluntly and she just looked at me a little confused but there was a sense of worry in her eyes.

"why us?" she asked, looking me dead in the eyes, wow they were pretty, "hello? Tara?" she said and snapped me out of my daze, a smirk on her face.

"oh I-I don't know," I said and Ellie seemed annoyed at my response.

"yes you do... I cant do this," she said and walked off into the changing rooms, leaving me stood there confused. Ella ran over to me while Leah and Beth shot me a questioning look.

"okay, that was weird," I said to Ella who seemed just as lost as me, "I think you guys might be right you know,"

"about which part?"

"you guys taking the mick, she got annoyed when I didn't tell you why you were all laughing at us," I explained and something clicked in the brunettes mind.

"go and talk to her, just you," Ella suggested.

"are you mad? I've barely spoke three words to her and now you want me to go and be her therapist... no thank you," I told her and she gave me a look of disappointment.

"Tara, let your pride go a little bit, she clearly needs someone to talk to, I think you're the person it needs to be," I thought about ella's words before dropping the football and making my way to the changing rooms.

What am I doing?