Chapter Twenty Eight ~ Mean It

Ellie's POV!

Unlocking the door to mine and Taras room, I was met with complete silence. that was until I heard small whimpers escaping from the bathroom.

"Tara?" I said softly through the door. nothing. "Tara? what's wrong?". Still nothing, "If you don't let me in I'm going to wait outside until you can't possibly stay in there any longer,". I meant that. With a click, the door unlocked and slowly opened, revealing Tara with her makeup running down her face. the sight was enough for my heart to break into a million pieces.

What came out of her mouth next was the most unexpected thing.

Through a series of sniffles, "I need to move rooms," she said.

"why what's happened? i'll go ask if we can be-"

"no, I need to move rooms," she said, confusing me even more. "I need to stop this... I need to stop us," She sniffled. There was something more to this, she wouldn't be this upset if it was genuinely falling out of love with me.

"w-what? w-why?" I stuttered out, not quite believing what was coming out of the brunettes mouth. As I attempted to pull her into a hug, she dodged and walked into the main part of the room.

"We, us, this... we can't do it anymore," she said, beginning to cry even more.

"Tara talk to me! what's happened?!" I said sternly, walking up to her.

"I don't love you!" she cried. that was it. the tears formed into my eyes and no words would leave my mouth. "so there, that is why!" she said, adding salt to the wound. How could she say that? how did she go from almost sleeping with me before the meeting to telling me that everything we've had has been fake to her.

The brunette began to pack her suit case hurriedly. this can't be really happening right?

"Tara can you please talk to me? what's brought this on?" I begged as she kept moving around the room to collect her things. there was no response. " okay so you're going to act like i'm your favourite person for months, both of us making train journeys almost every week to see each other and then all of a sudden say you don't love me anymore?" I said, my voice being raised more and more. still no reply. "for gods sake Tara can you just look at me!" I finally shouted.

"Ellie please!" she shouted back. I'd never seen her this worked up before.

"please what? do you seriously want me to accept what you've said and move on happily? because i'm not going to do that!" I shouted back at her.

"Ellie, I don't love you, I never did love you and I never will love you!" she said and the tears began to pour down my face.

"do you mean that?" I said, much quieter now and Tara stopped in her tracks, her face dropping.

"yes... I mean no- I don't" she stuttered and looking at her state I just wanted to scoop her into my arms and hold onto her forever.

"that's not a good enough answer T!" I said, still much quieter than before.

"I know, but there isn't a good answer, I just need to go," she said, picking up her case and walking passed me.

"Tara-" but she had already gone. all that had happened so fast, and the only thing my body could do was fall onto the bed and start crying. what could have happened that would make her say things like that?

Leah's POV!

Ellie had left around half an hour ago and still not returned with Tara. while the rest of the girls were still playing a card game, I snook out and headed up to the rooms. As I got to the top of the stairs, I was met with Tara walking out of her door with her suitcase.

"woah woah woah, slow down," I said, running up to her.

"for fucks sake Leah please, stay out of the way for once!" she said, walking passed me and towards the stairs.

"right enough, have you ever heard of respect? you ever heard of being a good person, even when maybe you aren't having the greatest day? ever thought that maybe the world doesn't revolve around you?" I said, annoyed at the treatment Id been given for purely caring about the girl. The brunette froze at the top of the stairs.

"I'm not a good person, Leah, I can never be a good person because I was never taught to be one. so please, please leave me alone," she said quietly before walking down the stairs and leaving me there stunned. I knew that despite tara not having a bad family life, she never had a great one. I knew that she did a lot of things for herself in life but never did I think that it would affect her like this. now I had to go and find out what happened with Ellie.

Walking up to the door Tara had just walked out of, I listened for any noise but there was nothing.

"Ellie?" I called, knocking a few times.

"I can't talk right now Leah, sorry," she said, trying her best to hide her sobs.

"Is this about Tara?" I said softly.

"Leah please I don't want to talk about it, I can't talk about it," she said. despite her being clearly upset, she was still being more polite than Tara.

"Is there anything I can do?" I said back.

"just- just tell Alex where I am, can you both come up later," she stuttered out as she couldn't hold back her tears any longer.

"of course, message me if you need anything else yeah?" and with that I walked back down stairs to the girls.

what a camp this was going to be...