Chapter Seven ~ Getting In the Way

That night, me and Ellie fell asleep in our own beds. I slept perfectly fine knowing that Sam was okay and that I wouldn't have to deal with another day of awkwardness between Ellie and I.

*Alarm Rings*

Once again, the Alarm sounds and I hit around until it finally stops. I hear a giggle coming from the other side of the room and look over to see Ellie still lay in bed, finding my state very much amusing.

"And what do you think you're laughing at?" I sigh.

"You," she replied.

"well can you not because this isn't a very fun moment for me," I say back dramatically.

"Oh right, I forget how hard of a task waking up can be!" she says back as sarcastic as possible. I just throw a pillow at her and put my head back down on the bed.

There's a knock on the door and Ellie gets up to get it while I act like death in my bed. When I hear Leah's voice I hide under the covers.

"Don't be like that T! You know you love me," she says and I take the covers from off my face. I regret that action as she starts to kiss all over my face like a proud mom.

"Leah ew!" I say covering my face in an attempt to stop her.

"admit you love me," she says when she stops and I death stare her.

"I love you so much," I say and she nudges my shoulder.

"I know you do," and she laughs before standing up, "come on get dressed, I'm hungry," I groan in response and pull my self out of bed to get ready. I look over at Ellie who had seen the whole interaction with Leah, she seems to have a sad look but I brush it off as the morning blues.

Leah leaves and I get myself ready to go for breakfast. Ellie didn't speak a word to me but again, I brush it off. As we leave, I reach out for Ellie's hand which she takes, so she can't be mad at me, right? We walk down in silence and when we get there she takes her seat with Alex and I go to sit down with Ella, Less and Mary who were already there eating.

"You don't like mornings do you?" Ella shouts and I shush her a little.

"no need to shout Tooney," I joke, "but if you really want to know, then no, I very much do not like mornings," I say and the girls laugh in response.

"it's fine, you can sleep on the coach today," Mary says.

"right, what time are we leaving again?" I question.

"about two PM, we have a couple hours training then we'll set off, training won't be too intense though, it's meant to help calm nerves," Mary explains. I nod in response and carry on eating.

-

We start training at 10 and just play some games. Mary was right, It was just a session to calm us down a little. For some reason, Ellie's gone back to not speaking to me much. Maybe i'm over thinking it but there's something telling me she's upset. Have I already managed to go something?

On the way back in from training, I catch up with the blonde, "Hey Ellie, can I speak to you?" I say and she gives Alex a look who gets the message and gives us a moment. We wait until the rest of the girls have walked passed us before we start talking.

"What do you want to talk about?" she says bluntly.

"You've been ignoring me again," I tell her straight up and she looks down.

"I know, I'm sorry," she says and i'm taken back by her instantly admitting that she has, "I just didn't want to get in the way," she says.

"What are you on about? get in the way of what?" I question and she takes a moment to think about whether to tell me or not, just like before.

"You're going to think I'm stupid... Alex has already reassured me but I still felt too stupid to talk to you after," she said and I was getting more and more confused as she carried on.

"Ellie just tell me, I won't think you're stupid," I explained, stopping walking and grabbing her hand.

She thought again for a few moments and carried on talking, "You and Leah," she said and I looked at her lost, "This morning, I must have misread the situation but it looked like you two were really getting on," she said sadly.

"oh Ellie," I laughed a little, "I can promise you right now, there is nothing going on with me and Leah, she's like my big sister," I tell her and she looks like she's about to cry, "hey what's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm so sorry, I had no right to be jealous or upset about that," she tells me and I pull her into a hug.

"don't be stupid, I can see why you were, I tell you i'm ready to get to know you and then you see that, it's understandable, but know there's is genuinely nothing going on," She smiles a bit at this and pulls away from the hug a little, looking into my eyes.

She begins to lean in a little and hesitates for a bit, asking me with her eyes if she can, to which I nod in response to.

"Girls Sarina wants to talk to us," Beth calls from the door, pulling us out of our trance, I look over to see beth stood there with a smirk after what she had seen us doing. I see a panic cover Ellie's face when she realises that Beth had seen us.

"Hey, don't," I try to reassure her.

"don't what?"

"Panic, it's Beth, she won't say anything," I say and pull her into a hug before grabbing her hand and dragging her back into the building.

Great timing Beth...