Chapter Twenty Nine ~ Make Her Realise

Tara's POV!

After my collision with Leah, I snook over to the office to ask about a room change. Much to my dismay, Sarina was in there. don't get me wrong, I love her, but if she heard this conversation, she would begin to worry that my performance on pitch will suffer and I can't risk that.

Knocking on the door caused both Mark and Sarina to look at me.

"Hey erm, Can I talk to mark for a moment?" I asked. Luckily, Sarina nodded and gave me a smile.

"of course! I was just leaving" she said, waving goodbye to mark and exiting the room.

"What can I do for you mate?" he asked from behind his computer.

"Erm.. I'd like to change my room if possible? I just don't think the room I'm in is going to work out," I told him.

"okay that's fine, do you and Ellie have a problem with the room?"

"oh no, it's just me moving, please," I told him, making me think back to what Ellie had first thought I meant.

"o-oh, right, erm, yeah i'll get a room sorted for you," he said. the awkwardness grew after that as I knew he wanted to ask what was wrong but didn't think it was his place. A few minutes later he spoke up, "right that's all done for you, here's your key," he handed it to me with a nod, "oh and Tara?" he asked and I turned to leave, "if something has happened, reach out to one of us yeah?" he told me to which I nodded and left.

Just like every other time I had walked out a room tonight, as I left the office, I was met with a very disappointed Alex. My attempts to ignored her failed as i heard her call out to me.

"You've really hurt her Tara," the blonde said. I paused and closed my eyes, still facing away from her. "and I mean really hurt her. if you don't come up with some sort of reason for this then I can promise you now that she won't be the one to suffer most from this," she said angrily before walking off. I knew she had every right to say that to me but, it still hurt. I had hurt Ellie, all because of some mistrust of myself, but there was no going back now, was there?

Trying my best not to bump into anyone else, I quickly found my new room and entered. that's when everything started to hit me. really hit me. I flopped onto the bed and began to sob into the pillow. My life was like a constant war between my head and my heart and it was slowly becoming more and more exhausting. As the sobs became faster, I couldn't bring myself to stop at all. This was a perfect example of my head and heard battling one another; my heart wanted to find Ellie, have her hold me until I had stopped, my head told me that we were both better off without one another where she can love someone who loves her back.

But I do love her...

Ellie's POV!

That night, Leah and Alex came to see me, to ask me what had happened. For a moment, as the door knocked, I had hoped it was Tara, I had hoped she was coming back because she realised what she had done. Then I began to think what I would do if it was her. would I take her in my arms and start apologising (for what)? or would I slam the door in her face and leave her feeling how I felt? And then, I was brought back to reality as I opened the door and saw the two blondes stood there, sympathetic looks on their faces.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disheartened at the sight.

With a jolt of my head, I signalled for them to come in, slumping onto the bed as they entered. The silence in the room was simply unbearable so I had to be the one to speak.

"She left me," I said bluntly. despite the girls most likely already knowing that was the case, the confirmation seemed to shock them as their jaws dropped.

"why?" Leah sighed. almost as if she was making a mental note to shout at tara for it later.

"I have no Idea," I said, nonchalantly, beginning to twirl the rings on my fingers in a daze. again, silence. " I came back up after sitting with you guys, she was crying, I asked her to tell me what was wrong but all she told me was that she doesn't love me and that she wanted to move rooms," I added.

"now I know for a fact that isn't true," Leah said sternly, alex moving to sit beside me and hold my hand.

"it is, she's already moved,"

"I don't mean that part you idiot, I mean, she does love you. I know she does... it's whether she knows it that's the problem," Leah told me. it was like something had clicked in her mind.

"What do you mean?" Alex finally chimed in as Leah sat there thinking.

"I've known Tara for years, and the only person she's ever been with was Aaron..." she stopped to think, "and it's not my place to go into it but her family life never showed her a true representation of love either, it only makes sense that maybe, She's fallen in love with you but doesn't trust herself to know that she has... she doesn't know if she loves you because the last time she though she loved someone, she was proven very wrong," Leah said. she was deep in thought throughout the whole explanation while me and Alex sat there shocked at her ability to work Tara out like that.

"you amaze me leah," I laughed a little, earning a smile from her.

"If we just get her to realise that she does know how to love somebody then you can work this out," she added.

At Leah's words, I knew exactly what to do. I felt like I knew Tara like the back of my hand. actually, i didn't just feel it, I knew it, and the only way to make her see this was by showing her the way her love had made me feel. I had to show her that she did love me and how I had changed because of the love she had given me.

I had to do this...