Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Everybody Wants To Rule the World

"How are you taking over the Ministry by tomorrow morning," Bellatrix asked.

"With a bit of goblin assistance and a lot of organization and planning," Kereston replied. "There is a goblin potioneer, a nephew of Griphook's, and he's even better than Severus, if you can imagine that."

Bellatrix shrugged. "He's alright, but he isn't a potions god," she drawled.

"Can any of you come close to matching his skills," Kereston asked, then smirked when none of them spoke up. "As I was saying, Griphook's nephew is even better... He has come up with a potion that can strip any person or creature with magic, of said magic."

"You trust that?" Rabastan demanded. "That shit is dangerous! Do you know what the little buggers could do with that?"

"We're about to see it in action tomorrow morning," Kereston said. "It is dangerous, but it's also useful, especially right now. He has an antidote as well, so eventually everyone who loses their magic, or at least most of them, will have it restored."

"Who is losing their magic?" Rodolphus demanded, and Kereston shrugged slender shoulders.

"Around eighty percent of the magical population, at least," she replied casually.

"Why," Bellatrix asked.

"Because it's the only way we'll be able to take over the Ministry and form a better one...a more equal one for all magical folk, not just wizards. That's the goal, because right now we need all the help we can get and many magical folk are more powerful than wizards."

"So it's a good idea to give them power while stripping wizards of theirs?" Rodolphus demanded, voice rising slightly.

"The other magical folk are willing to do what needs to be done...to take the new magical threat calling herself Delphini seriously while many wizards are not. So, yes, we are casting our lot with those willing to take action," Kereston told him.

"What if the goblins and elves just take over and strip the remaining twenty percent of wizards of their magic as well? Then no humans would have magic. I'm sure the goblins would adore that arrangement." Rod speculated.

Kereston sighed. "Not when we're perfectly happy to work with them. Besides, goblins would have to run everything magical then, and, trust me, they don't want to bother with all that. Besides, Griphook was the one to approach me on the matter of becoming Minister. It wasn't as if he wanted to do it. We plan to restore magic to everyone willing to help sooner than later. We just want to allow people to see that everyone with magic can and should work well together. Eventually most of the wizards who lose their magic will have it restored."

"And you don't think they'll be angry with you for stripping them of it in the first place," Rabastan asked and Kereston gave a short laugh.

"Oh, we won't be telling them that we took it. We're going to call it a wizarding plague. Wizarding because it acts by stripping wizards of their magic while giving them flu symptoms."

"That's rather brilliant," Bellatrix murmured, both horrified and impressed. "I suppose we're honored that you trust us with this... We owe Kreacher and Regulus a thank you, certainly, but what do you want from us, because it's got to be something." She gave the little blonde a knowing look, before raising her glass to take another sip.

"We want you to use your skills to help in the fight in any way necessary and to run Azkaban. That last bit was all my idea," she added, looking pleased. "Just consider the implications... Anyone will think more than twice about committing a crime that will land them in Azkaban if they know the Lestranges are now in charge of it with free rein to torture prisoners when they get bored ."