Chapter 120

Chapter 120: Third Kill Is the Charm!

The alarm came when they were at their next shrink session. Mag had just asked Rodolphus how he was doing, and for once he had something to say.

"Well, I really miss the pleasant popping sound someone's head makes when I give them a good shaking, you know?"

Mag blinked and Bellatrix felt her lips twitch. Rod was obviously just poking the shrink to get a rise out of her.

"This is when you torture," Mag asked calmly.

Rod shrugged. "Sure, or when I just beat the hell out of someone deserving. I just haven't found myself in a situation that calls for such violence lately, and I miss the release it gives."

He gave a wistful sigh, and Bellatrix began wondering if he was simply being honest rather than messing with their shrink for a reaction. If so they'd have to go out over the weekend and find a fun way to take out some of that aggression. At the moment, though, Bellatrix was just interested in how Mag would respond to Rod's...sharing. No one else at the table had reacted much save for Gellert's brows arching skeptically at Rod's announcement.

Before Mag could speak, the Patronus of an Auror appeared in front of Gellert, in the form of a panicked looking lynx. "I was watching the crystals, and she's in Washington, D.C. in the United states. She's using the Imperius Curse on a lot of high ranking politicians right now!"

"We go," Gellert said.

He touched a Hallows signet ring that he wore on his right forefinger, and a green light flashed. Lifting his hand so that the ring was at the level of his face, he spoke directly into the green light issuing from it. "To the Portkeys at the Ministry, now!"

"That will summon all the Aurors," he explained.

"Mag, go and tell Severus. I'll get in touch if the two of you are required. I'd appreciate it if you alerted Kereston as well, just so she is aware. Tell her I will get in touch if any action on her part is necessary at this point. The rest of us are going directly to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement to meet up with the other Aurors. We shall then Portkey to say hello to Delphini."

The redhead nodded and Apparated away.

Mag and Severus were both experienced duelers, but they weren't trained Aurors, so Bellatrix understood why Gellert did not include them as civilians. Luckily, their Shadow Ops training served as an in for the Lestranges, because she wasn't planning to miss this one.

"She's really there in the flesh," she breathed, and Gellert flashed a hard eager smile.

"It seems so." Grasping Blaise's arm, he gave the group a nod. "To the Ministry."

The two vanished with a crack. Rod, Bella, Rabastan, Regulus, and Kreacher Apparated on their heels, meeting up in the designated department. Other Aurors were Apparating in right and left so the place was full of loud cracks.

An elf began hurriedly passing out bottles of cream. "Cover yourself and pass it on," he told Bellatrix, pushing one into her hand before hurrying away.

"It's the magic blocking cream," Gellert said. "It fades in an hour or so, so it is imperfect to a degree, but it will give us a quick edge. Everyone hurry and get it on. We don't want to give her time to leave. Just now she has no idea that we are aware of her, so there should be time, but I wish to take no chances."

Bellatrix slathered herself with cream as quickly as she could then passed the bottle to Rodolphus. Everyone around them was either oiling up or waiting for their turn with one of the bottles. Excitement was thick in the air, but thus far all the Aurors under Grindelwald's training were moving like well oiled machines.