Chapter 112

Chapter 112: I Just Want To Take Your Innocence

When readying for his date with Parvati, Rabastan opted for black and silver dress robes over a black suit.

"Lookin' good, motherfucker," he told himself in the mirror with a grin.

He was clean shaven, his collar-length wavy black hair combed straight back in what he always considered to be a nineteen-twenties gangster style. Wizard gangsters had been the most badass back in their day. No one fucked with them, and likewise no one fucked with him, so it worked. Strolling from the room, he whistled a tune under his breath as he headed down stairs.

"Looking sharp," Rod called in rare encouragement.

Shit! Was his mild state of nervousness that apparent?

"Thanks," he said, nodding at Bella and Rod, who were headed upstairs as he moved down. They were probably going to shag, an activity that he would also be enjoying if the night went well.

"Be careful," Rod called and Rabastan waved over one shoulder to indicate he'd heard. "Always," he bellowed back as he headed out the manor's front door.

Once he'd locked up behind him, he Apparated to Enchanted Odds where he was to meet Parvati. When he entered the shop, Mag was leaning against the counter, idly chatting with Parvati. The large white owl that Snape usually had with him rested on her shoulder.

"Not a raven this time," Parvati asked in mock disappointment.

Rabastan grinned. "I try not to use the same tricks too many times in a row. Besides, it got me the date, so I'm good."

Parvati winked. "We'll see about that." She could shoot the shit and keep up with him. Rabastan liked.

Glancing at Mag, he frowned. "Everything alright?" He hoped she wasn't going to shrink him without Bella and Rod there. That shit would be weird.

"Oh, everything is fine as far as I know," Mag assured hastily. "I just wanted to see if I could go by yours and look through the blasting rods?"

"Oh yeah, of course. I was so wiped out from making all the fuckers, I forgot to let you know that a lot are ready," Rabastan said, embarrassed to have neglected to get Mag one sooner, considering she was the reason he had supplies to work with! "I guess Griphook will need one too, so let him know they're ready if you don't mind."

Mag nodded.

"And I think Bella and Rod may be shagging so tell Harold that you saw me, and I said it's okay to show you all the rods and let you take one."

Parvati made a choking sound, but Mag's calm expression never wavered at the casual mention of Bella and Rod's sex life. "I discovered the rods were ready when Gellert and Blaise showed theirs off at a dinner meeting tonight," Mag said reproachfully.

"Really sorry," Rabastan reiterated. "You try making these fuckers! They wear you out."

Mag gave a faint smile. "Alright," she relented. "As I'm relatively certain I couldn't make one as good as yours, considering wand making is entirely different, I'll forgive you this time."

"Thank you," Rab said humbly and Parvati snorted.

"I'll just go and pick out my blasting rod now, then," Mag said, and left the shop with a cheerful wave.

"So weird to think of Snape being married to anyone," Rabastan said with a bemused grin once the shop's door had swung closed behind the redhead.

Parvati rolled her eyes, grinning fondly. "I was there when it all went down, so not so much for me."