Chapter 114

Chapter 114: No, Don't Say a Prayer for Me Now, Save it 'til the Morning After

Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Lyra, and Rhadamanthus were halfway through breakfast when Parvati made her way into the dining room. She wore one of Rabastan's work robes, which was far too large. Though he was thin, Rabastan was tall, far more so than Parvati's average height. The sight caused Bellatrix's brows to shoot up.

"We were just wondering how your date went. Of course we didn't know that you were here, so you can just tell us," Lyra said brightly. "Good morning!"

Parvati smiled, having the grace to look a bit embarrassed. She also looked a bit hungover. "Hi."

Rod waved her to a chair. "Sit. Relax. There is plenty of food."

She smiled again, this time at Rod. "Thanks."

"Soooo," Lyra said, drawing out the word as she allowed her gaze to pointedly linger on Rabastan's robe. "You guys must have had an interesting date! What happened to your clothes?"

Parvati flushed. "I don't usually...I mean, I don't generally shag on the first date or even the fourth!"

"That's my lil bro," Rodolphus said, smiling proudly.

Lyra choked. "So it happened during shagging? As this is my uncle we're talking about, I probably shouldn't have this conversation."

"It was just before the shagging," Parvati clarified. "The dress is extremely torn though, so I just grabbed one of his robes for now. He's still sleeping, and didn't appear interested in waking at present. Mending clothes magically has never been my strong suit, and they never fit properly after," she complained.

"So are the two of you, like, going to go out again," Lyra asked.

Parvati gave a small smile, dropping her gaze almost shyly to the plate that Harold had just set before her. "I hope so. I mean, we have plans as far as I know, yes. Thank you," she added to Harold, who was retreating.

"So before the shagging, how was the date," Lyra asked eagerly. "I mean I assume good, thus the shagging."

Parvati frowned, then sighed as she picked up her fork. "It was, then it wasn't so much."

Lyra, Rod, and Bella all exchanged a surprised glance at that, for it wasn't at all what they were expecting, considering the shagging. For his part, Rhadamanthus did not seem to give a damn, as he continued to eat without glancing up even with a single eye.

"So you always shag when a date goes bad," Bellatrix asked, lips twitching. After the shock faded, she decided this strange situation was amusing.

"Oh, it improved by then," Parvati said with a chuckle. "We were out dancing, and he just suddenly left out of the blue. I didn't like that because I thought we were really getting on well considering he even mentioned a second date, so I went to Gellert's for your address. I felt he owed me an explanation, and I wanted it right away."

She flushed. "Had I been a bit more sober, I would've considered the possibility of waking the rest of you and waited for morning. As you're all asking how things went, though, I assume no one was disturbed."

They all shook their heads. Parvati gave a relieved smile, then continued. "Long story short, he thought he'd physically hurt me while we were fooling around outside the club, but I actually just had a leg cramp. He's not very good at communicating."

"It's a man thing, and we men are very proud of it," Rodolphus said drily.

"Odd him worrying that he hurt you rather than intending to do so," Bellatrix drawled. "It does seem you have him behaving strangely. I don't know if I like that."

Parvati studied her for a silent moment, not seeming to know what to say. When she did speak, her words came out slowly, as if she composed her thoughts as she went. "I get that you three are very close. No matter how things go with Rab and I, I don't plan to ever try changing that."

Bellatrix raised her chin. "That's good, because you couldn't."

Parvati sighed.

"Mum, be nice," Lyra chastised.

"If she's like Rabastan, she thinks I'm this dainty flower that will break at the slightest thing," Parvati said, casting an exasperated glance at Lyra.

"I actually don't know what I think about you," Bellatrix admitted honestly.

Parvati nodded. "Fair enough, and I feel the same about you and Rod. Lyra I got to know at the Ministry, though, and I like your daughter very much."

Lyra grinned at her parents. "See? I rule," she said smugly. Turning to Parvati, she added, "And thank you. I like you too. So what happened, pre-shag? You arrived here and explained about the leg cramp and all was well?"

Parvati shrugged. "Sort of. First there was a lot of blah blah about how I don't know what I'm getting into, and how I can't handle it or whatever, and how he likes me so I should leave or whatever." She laughed. "As you can see, I did not."

Rodolphus grinned, raising his coffee mug to her. "Respect."

The girl was friends with Grindelwald so perhaps she was alright, Bellatrix thought. A date with Rabastan was one thing, but as she was sitting at their breakfast table in his robe, Bellatrix had to wonder if this was going to be more serious or if Parvati just wanted it to be.

"So... What are your hobbies," she asked, deciding that perhaps she should at least get to know Parvati a bit if possible.

"Well, I'd love to work a Shadow Ops case with you lot," Parvati said. "I think that could become a hobby real quick were I given the opportunity."

Bellatrix frowned, intrigued at least a little. "What makes you think you'd be able to handle that sort of thing? What are your skills?"

"I'm decent at dueling," Parvati answered without hesitation. "I'm not afraid, but I don't jump in too quickly either. I study magics that aren't as commonly known that you may find useful, and I helped kill a Death Eater during my fifth year at Hogwarts. He got onto the grounds and was attacking Mag and I because we'd seen him."

So she wasn't too prissy to kill when there needed to be killing done. Very good.

"You're friends with Snape's woman," Bellatrix asked, and Parvati grinned.

"Yeah... That was one of the things Rab and I talked about during our date. He wasn't impressed by the fact that I actually won Severus's respect and friendship, as much as he gives it to anyone."

"I suppose that's impressive," Bellatrix said. "After all, he does basically hate everyone."

Parvati nodded. "Yeah! So the fact he likes me is an accomplishment."

"Want to see my blasting rod," Lyra asked, and Parvati nodded eagerly.

"Oh, yes, please! Rabastan told me he'd made those recently, and I heard about them from Mag as well."

"Maybe if you shag him super extra well, he'll make you one," Rodolphus suggested cheerfully.

Parvati frowned, arching her brows at him. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind," she said drily. "Or I could just buy one."

"Not as fun," Rod objected and Parvati laughed.

"True. We went dancing at The Glass Slipper last night, you know. Rab said you three liked to go there back in the day. Why don't you come with us next time? He promised to take me again."

Well, at least she was trying to be friendly. Bellatrix nodded. "Sure." At least she and Rod could get to know her.

"I'll be right back," Lyra said, rising from the table. "My blasting rod is upstairs. While I'm up there, I think I'll wake Uncle Rabastan just to be annoying."