Chapter 94

Chapter 94: Righting Old Wrongs

"How are we to be involved," Cassius asked.

Grindelwald shrugged. "I'm still working that bit out where you and Lyra are concerned, but I have stronger inclinations for the tasks of Wulfric and his lady."

"I'm in it?" Graven squawked. "I mean, what's it all got to do with me? This isn't supposed to be a goblin thing." Then not quite under her breath, she added, "I am way too fucking high for this."

"If I am correct, you could be descended from the first goblin king, King Ragnuk. My guess is that Wulfric is descended from Godric Gryffindor, perhaps from both parents."

Graven let out a sigh as she blinked blearily at Grindelwald. "So Wulfric and I are supposed to right the past wrongs done to the goblins by old Gryffindor over the stupid sword?"

Gellert flashed her an amused grin. "And here you were thinking you were too high," he chastised. "Though I do recommend not being so high for a while, as you shall likely be working with some very complex magic on a regular basis very soon."

"Motherfucker," Graven groaned, her shoulders slumping in dejection.

"Oh, not being high isn't that bad, really," Gellert told her with an offhand shrug. "And if it makes you feel any better, you've already righted the wrongs between Gryffindor and the goblin king with your relationship alone. What I need the two of you to do now is to kill Delphini for me."

"Oh, is that all?" Graven drawled.

Gellert grinned. "Yep, that's it. Only a small inconvenience really."

"So what was the deal with Gryffindor's sword and the goblins anyway?" Rabastan wanted to know. "Didn't Gryffindor commission the sword to be made by the king, but the king liked it so much after he made it he wanted to keep it?"

Gellert nodded. "Something like that."

"Well, fucking why didn't Gryffindor just let the goblin make him another, and avoid a war?" Rabastan complained.

Gellert nodded. "Indeed, that would've been the logical thing to do."

"I always thought Gryffindor didn't want anyone else to have a sword as powerful as his, so he wouldn't go for that," Graven speculated. "Otherwise what was to stop the king from just making another sword for himself after giving Godric's to him?"

"Perhaps they had no more of one of the necessary components used to make it," Wulfric suggested. "Either way, even if you're right, what can Graven and I do as their descendants now," he asked Grindelwald.

"Dude, I could be royal," Graven murmured with a high, bemused smile.

"How, when there aren't kings anymore," Lyra asked, and Graven shot her a frown.

"Way to ruin my self-glorification moment."

Lyra's lips twitched. "Sorry. Carry on."

"Never mind now, you've already fucking ruined it," Graven complained. "So how are we supposed to kill Delphini for you," she asked, returning her focus to Gellert.

"I just need you to make a sword for your man to use on her," he replied casually.

"You JUST need me to make a sword when I have no fucking idea how to do that," Graven said flatly. "Like... I've never fucked with metal before. I have no inclination, thus likely no talent for it. Aren't people supposed to feel particularly drawn to a skill if they have it?"

Gellert shrugged. "It can work that way, yes, but it doesn't have to. I've discovered myself to be quite good at several things I never had a specific interest in. There was a need and once I put my mind to it, great things happened."