Chapter 98

Chapter 98: Reverse Psychology

Somehow, the next three days managed to pass uneventfully. Bellatrix, Rodolphus, and Rabastan spent their days keeping all the criminals but themselves safely locked away and properly terrorized in Azkaban. Lyra and Cassius busied themselves with Grindelwald and the Aurors, honing their particular talents to work against Delphini. At least they were safe while at the Ministry, so Bellatrix was satisfied.

Lyra was out late each night, but she was always with her new little group that consisted of Winterhaven, young Dumbledore, and the goblin girl. At least with all four of them having powerful magic as well as particular specialties, they should be relatively safe, or at least able to get away from danger quickly. Bella and Rod would, of course, prefer that Lyra just stay home, but they couldn't keep her home if she was intent on going out.

When Wednesday evening rolled around, Bellatrix, Rodolphus, and Rabastan were at 12 Grimmauld Place for their shrink session with Mag. Right away, Bellatrix remembered to ask her if Cassius could buy a wand.

"Your wands are amazing as you know, as is his lock, unlock ability so with the two combined, we're hoping it can lay a hurting on Delphini. " She forced a slight smile for Mag, though the idea of Lyra's man having more power wasn't entirely a thrilling idea.

Mag nodded. "Yes, Gellert mentioned it to me already and I'm planning a labradorite, hematite, and quartz wand for him. The labradorite works with the psychic. Hematite, though usually healing, grounding, and protective, also assists with persuasion. Though these aren't his specific abilities precisely, I feel the combination with the amplifying crystal quartz will serve him well. I have the hematite and quartz pieces, but I had to order the labradorite. It should be here tomorrow, so with any luck, I'll be done with the wand by this weekend. If so, I'll send it to Enchanted Odds again."

Bellatrix thanked her and everyone settled around the table again for their group session. Just as there had been last time, there were snacks and wine.

"Did anything happen this week that anyone would like to talk about first," Mag asked. She sat at the head of the table, slender hands folded on the polished wood in front of her.

When no one spoke up she shot Bellatrix a happy smile which gave her face a nearly girlish cast. "In that case, I'd like to begin with you, Bellatrix!"

Bellatrix reached for the glass of wine sitting on the table in front of her and took a fortifying sip. "Yea," she said drily and Mag chuckled.

"It isn't a bad thing," she assured. "It's intended to be helpful, and it shall be if you allow it."

When Bellatrix didn't respond, the redhead continued.

"I wonder if you dislike Mr. Winterhaven as a person. If he wasn't dating Lyra, in other words, would you like him far more?"

Bellatrix nodded. "Sure. He treats us like rock stars! Who doesn't like being appreciated? Especially when you're feared by most people, perhaps rightfully so."

"But it takes a special person to see you as a rock star instead," Mag said and Bellatrix nodded.

"Exactly."

"Perhaps someone like Mr. Winterhaven is even worthy of your respect, considering he values you as much as he does."

"Sure, if he wasn't trying to take my baby away, he'd be great," Bellatrix said. "He could be our little monster in training."

Rod grinned and nodded in agreement.

"Sure," Rabastan agreed. "We could do that."

"Another question, then," Mag said. "How would you feel if your parents had been hard on Rodolphus because you wanted to date him?"