Chapter 102

Chapter 102: Shopkeepers Three

Grindelwald had written back by the time Bellatrix and Rodolphus were finishing their second cup of morning coffee.

"He thanks us for the information and plans to look into it today," Bellatrix said. "He also wishes us to work at Enchanted Odds today. He says it's fine to arrive at ten. This leaves us time to stop in at Azkaban, and let them know we'll be away for today."

Rodolphus nodded. "Sounds good."

Rabastan gave a whoop of glee that caused Lyra to start. "No fucking Azkaban today!"

Bellatrix grinned, sharing his sentiment.

"That means I'll be working with Parvati," Lyra said. "I bet it'll be interesting."

"Not as interesting as us working at the shop all day, and looking at all the intriguing items as much as we like," Rabastan countered.

"Probably not," Lyra admitted.

"How shall I ever fit into the shop," Rhadamanthus asked in a worried tone.

"You can hang out around back," Rodolphus said. "You'll hear us screaming if there is trouble, then come on. Damaging the shop would be the least of our issues if we are screaming for help." He smirked and the spider grinned.

"I see. That sounds fine. What about lunch?"

"I'll have Harold bring it," Rod said, glancing at the elf who was picking up the breakfast dishes. "Can you handle that?"

"Of course," Harold answered easily from behind his plague doctor mask.

"Thanks, you're a champ," Rod told him. "You can come along with us this morning to Enchanted Odds so you'll know where it is." Harold nodded.

"I'm sorry," Lyra said. "That means you'll have to see Azkaban first at least for a minute. Just thinking of that place dirties my Aura." She shuddered.

"There are no Dementors there, and now it feels fine," Bellatrix assured Harold, who shrugged.

"Harold was not concerned," he said.

"Thanks for the lunch," Rhadamanthus rasped to the elf who nodded before exiting toward the kitchen, the stack of breakfast dishes floating in front of him.

By the time everyone had polished off their final cups of coffee, Harold was back and ready to go.

"Try to at least shield yourself from that place," Lyra told him worriedly, and the elf gave an uncomfortable shrug.

Perhaps she was learning to read Auras a bit, Bellatrix thought drily. She had no other way of being so certain the shrug was an uncomfortable one. One couldn't see the elf's expression under the mask, after all.

The family left the manor together, and went their separate ways outside the front door. Lyra Apparated off to the Ministry to work on Auras with Parvati and the Aurors. Everyone else went to Azkaban. Harold remained silent the entire twenty minutes they were there.

Rodolphus gave his Aurors instructions while everyone else waited. The elf stuck close to Bellatrix's side but did not appear to be bothered by the place. Though the plague doctor mask hid his face, his body posture was relaxed.

When Rodolphus had checked the wards over to his satisfaction, they Apparated to Enchanted Odds. As they had when going to Azkaban, Rodolphus Apparated Rhadamanthus and Bellatrix Apparated Harold. Rodolphus had his hand on the door of the shop to push it open when Rabastan grasped his arm. "Wait...I gotta get ready."

Bellatrix scowled at the holdup and Rod arched his brows. Rabastan wordlessly shifted into raven form. "Now you can go in," he croaked.

"Bloody thanks," Bellatrix replied as Rodolphus pushed open the door.