Chapter 51

Chapter 51: Dinner with Grindelwald

So Delphini was somehow driving the Muggles completely apeshit, and then using them! Bellatrix hated Muggles! All the Lestranges hated Muggles, and now they were just handed a shiny new reason to hate them! Zabini's former comment asking if this was where she went psycho rang in her mind's ear again, causing her to scowl.

"Excuse me. If you are available, we would love to have you to dinner for your kind help in having our home warded, Mr. Grindelwald." The words came from Druella Black who had approached as Bellatrix's conversation with Grindelwald was concluding. "Of course your...Mr. Zabini is also welcome, as are you, Professor Flitwick. Bellatrix, you and Rodolphus and Rabastan should come as well, it was so thoughtful of you to consider the safety of our manor," she added.

Gellert moved to shake his head, obviously feeling the need to politely decline, but his blue gaze grew suddenly shrewd and thoughtful as he hesitated. "Why, I think that could be arranged," he said. "I shall have to send word home to our elf that we will not be dining with the family so he won't hold dinner for us."

"I can stop off and deliver the message," Filius offered. "I shall have to decline your kind invitation, Lady Black, for my wife would worry did I not appear for dinner with her."

Druella nodded. "I quite understand."

"Thank you, Filius," Gellert said, turning to give the little man a grateful smile.

"Of course." He returned the smile, then gave the group a little wave before Apparating away.

"It shall be an honor to provide a meal to Gellert Grindelwald," Druella gushed. "I'll just make sure our elf has everything attended to." Turning to Bellatrix she added, "You, Rod, and Rabastan take Mr. Grindelwald and Mr. Zabini into the library. Your father will join you all with drinks soon."

"Of course, Mother," Bellatrix said, lips twitching in slight amusement at how gleeful and flustered her mother was over having Gellert Grindelwald at her table. Granted, she may have felt nearly the same once, but Bellatrix had since gotten to know the man a bit. He was far too approachable to inspire awe other than when it came to his impressive magical skills.

She glanced around for Rodolphus and Rabastan. They were in the middle of the yard conversing with Valdez and one of the goblin Aurors.

"Hold on," she told Gellert and Blaise. "I'll just go tell them to meet us in the library once they're done."

Both men nodded, and Bellatrix moved across the lawn, lightly touching Rod's deliciously muscular arm to gain his attention. His body was always distracting in the very best of ways and certainly served to raise a girl's spirits as well as her libido.

"Yeah," he asked, turning to her with that familiar attentive look that always made her feel listened to."Apparently, we're staying for dinner so meet us in the library when you've finished up here."

Rod nodded and Bellatrix turned to Romeo. "Thanks so much again."

"Sure," Valdez smiled and nodded.

"I'll write the little plague doctor so he can put whatever he made for dinner away for us to eat tomorrow," Rabastan said, and Bellatrix nodded as she walked back across the lawn to join Gellert and his man.

"Come on. Let's go have a drink in the library then," she said, and led them into the front hall of her parents' manor. "It's been a long day, and we all deserve one," she commented over her shoulder.

Zabini smiled slightly and both nodded. The men walked very close together, so though they weren't overly public about their relationship, Bellatrix felt it should be evident to anyone with eyes. They were quite literally joined at the hip.