Chapter 61

Chapter 61: Let's Drink About It

"Why don't we all go out for drinks or something so we can relax and talk?" Regulus suggested, glancing from Gellert to the three Lestranges. "We can brainstorm the situation."

Gellert nodded, gaze resting thoughtfully on their former prisoner as Rabastan opened the door to his cell.

"Want to come along, Mate," Rabastan asked, and Alec shrugged, before nodding.

"Why the hell not?" He hesitated, glancing down at his prison uniform. "Mind stopping off at my place first so I can change? Hopefully my things are still in order. I assume the Ministry has my wand?"

"Oh, surely," Bellatrix said. "Why don't you let my dear cousin Regi Apparate you home to get more clothes, then to the Ministry to collect your wand. We'll meet you..." She glanced at Gellert and Blaise with arched brows. "Where do you wish to imbibe, gentlemen?"

"How about The Alchemist's in Knockturn?" Zabini suggested lazily. "They also serve a nice meat and cheese platter."

Blaise turned to Regulus with a frown of concern. "Are you alright being roped into this, or would you like Gellert and I to take care of it?"

"Regi can just look into Alec's head and get his address to Apparate him home. It's more efficient to have him attending to it," Bellatrix said impatiently. Regulus had slept all bloody day while everyone else worked, so he could bloody well be useful.

"It's alright," Regulus assured Blaise. "It isn't as if I can actually drink, so do feel free to get started without me. I only suggested we go out because a bar felt like a good place to brainstorm, and I supposed everyone else could use a drink."

"Very well then, If you're quite sure, thank you," Blaise told him, giving him a grateful smile. "We promise not to start the important talk until you arrive."

"Of course," Bellatrix agreed, smiling at her cousin to soften the fact she'd sent him off to help a strange bloke that no one knew but still had to deal with.

"We'll join you all soon," Regulus said. Turning to the former prisoner, he began asking for his address as the rest walked away.

Once off the island, they Apparated to The Alchemist's in Knockturn. The place was dim with an impression of cozy confidentiality that any Dark wizard could appreciate. Alchemical symbols were carved onto the walls, and all drinks were served in goblets of fake gold, styled like the holy grail. It was quite busy, but there was one large empty table in the back that provided everyone enough room to settle down comfortably.

A goblin girl with her hair in pigtails and a neon sweater hurried over to take their order. The owner of the establishment made his own brews as well as having some imported from interesting faraway places, so drinking at The Alchemist's was always an experience. To Bellatrix's surprise, everyone ordered some variety of fire whisky. She and Rod ordered creamy vanilla, Rabastan opted for black cherry, and Gellert and Zabini chose buttercream. Bellatrix had taken Blaise and Gellert for wine men, and when she said so, Gellert nodded, flashing a grin. "Yes, but it's been a long day."

"Too bloody long...not to mention frustrating," Blaise drawled his agreement.

They sat in silence, each taking in the room as best as he or she could. Bellatrix thought it was amusing how each of them had natural tendencies that led them to scrutinize their surroundings for information or danger. It made her feel that she, Rod, and Rabastan fit in with Grindelwald nicely. Then that thought annoyed her...because why did they need to fit in with Grindelwald or anyone else? Especially after all they'd gone through, practically breaking themselves for a mad soulless man who had, when it came down to it, truly valued nothing, not even his own soul!