Chapter 2: A Night We Won't Forget

McKenna

Hangovers can suck my ass. I won't deny that I totally had the night of my life last night with Hailey though. I wanted to forget about the current events with Dylan last night and that's exactly what I did, until now.

"Hailey wake up." I groaned and slapped the person next to me only to feel a bare chest and hear a loud snore come from next to me. I widened my eyes and turned towards whoever it was and panicked. It was a guy. I had a one night stand. Oh my god, I've never done that before. I looked around the room before looking under the blanket and nodded to myself. Definitley had a one night stand. Great. My clothes were scattered every where and I didn't know when this guy was about to wake up so I got up quickly and collected all of my clothes, starting with the zebra print bra that was extremely noticeable on the black loveseat in the room as I ran over to it and put it on.

I searched the room for my underwear in panic mode. I found them near the nightstand and pulled them on before searching for my pants. I found the light blue skinny jeans laying in a crumpled mess on the floor as I ran over and pulled on, laying on the floor struggling to get the zipper up before groaning. I slapped my hand over my mouth and stared my widened eyes at the guy's body that moved around and stayed still to start snoring again. I forgot his name, I know that I know it, I just can't think of it. Nick? Rick? Something ic. Vic! Its Vic!

I realized that Vic would definitely be waking soon and grabbed and random shirt and tugging it on before grabbing my phone out of my purse and dialing Hailey's number and pressing the phone to my ear.

Come on pick up please!

Hey! You've reached Hailey's phone, I'm either sleeping, studying or partying, leave a message after the beep--

"You better have a good fucking reason for calling me at this time of day." I heard Hailey growl on the other end of the phone.

"I can't believe what I just did Hailey. I had a one night stand." I whispered as I walked out of the hotel and down the street to pick up my car.

"McKenna you're 23 that's completely normal for your age." She reasoned tiredly.

"I-"

"Don't try to argue it's fine, you just had a messy break up, you were mad, it's whatever you'll survive." She said interrupting me.

"I didn't really necessarily break up with him. I just told him to get out." I said as I arrived at the bar and opened the door. Why is the bar even open this early? I walked up to the counter and waited for assistance while Hailey started talking.

"That's got to count for some type of break up right?" She asked as the bartender from last night came up to the counter and smiled at me.

"It wasn't proper--"

"Then payback. Dude, he cheated stop feeling bad." She said. I wasn't really up with this whole payback thing. For some reason I only felt the hurt grow more and I didn't like it one bit.

"Can I help you?" He asked with his eyebrow raised. I smiled politely and held up a finger for him to wait a moment. I felt rude all of the sudden and wanted to rush.

"Hailey I'll call you back in ten." I said and and then hung up the phone without waiting for her response.

"Hey I think I left my car keys here last night. I mean I see my car right outside in the-" My rambling came to a stop when car keys were thrown in my direction and I flinched back waiting for the impact to come, but they just landed and slid along the counter in front of me.
"So did you have fun last night?" The bartender asked seeming intrigued. I mean the dude saw me drunk.