Chapter 17: What's So Good About Picking up The Pieces?

McKenna

"Oh snap." Was the only word spoken as it was a staredown between the two of us. That word was spoken by Hailey, who always had something to fricken say.

I looked at him up and down and saw the bags under his eyes, he must be exhausted. His shirt was wrinkled and baggy like he picked it up out of the laundry basket. His jeans were tight around his skinny legs and one of his vans were untied.

Then I noticed how he looked at me up and down and kept his eyes trained on the part where the coffee spilled. I sighed becoming annoyed with the situation and crossed my arms over my chest. If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn't have worn a white tee shirt. Let alone a blue fucking bra.

"So you're stalking me now?" Were the first words out of my mouth. The first words I had spoken to him in three days. He gave me a weird look and tilted his head to the side.

"If anything, it's you stalking me, how do you know I was going to be in Phoenix today?" He said narrowing his eyes and pointing his finger at me.

"I'm from Phoenix you fucking dipwad! This is where I went to get the fuck away from you!" I seethed and flailed my arms around a little bit to show my annoyance. He had nothing to say back as he looked sad for a second, but it quickly went back to the straight emotionless face.

"I'm sorry Mick I-"

"Didn't mean it? Was totally stupid for saying all of those things? Regret all of it? Am I at least partially right?" I asked after my three guesses of what would come out of his mouth next.

"All three." He muttered moving his head to look at the ground. I was in no mood to screw around, considering I just had ice cold coffee spilt on me.

"I hate to butt in, but Mick we should really get going, I wanna get there to see sleeping with sirens." She said pulling on my arm.

"Did you say sleeping with sirens?" Vic asked. Hailey nodded slowly and let go of my arm.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really good friends with them." Vic said nonchalantly and shrugging his shoulders.

"Really?" Her eyes widened to the size of saucers and a look of realization crossed her face.

"Y-You're Vic fucking Fuentes." She whispered.

"My middle name is Vincent, but ok yeah I am." Hailey squealed and I covered my ears as she jumped around.

"McKenna Leigh, you didn't tell me your one night stand was Vic Fuentes!" She yelled.

"What? I don't even know what you're-" she sighed interrupting my sentence and held up her hand.

"You're clueless, you peasant." She said and put her finger to my lips. "It'll be ok." She whispered and pulled me into a hug.

"Hailey it's like 112° outside why are you hugging me?" I asked and pushed her away.

"Because you're clueless and adorable and I wanted to hug you." She said shrugging.

"Look, I don't go on until 4:45, but I have to be back by 3:30 for sound check. If I give you a pass to get backstage, will you leave us alone for an hour or two so we can talk?" Vic asked nicely, pulling out a pass from his back pocket. She squealed and took it running off.

"What? I didn't agree to this! I'm-"

"Please McKenna." He said sadly, grabbing my hands. I sighed and rolled my eyes but started walking with him and pulling my hand out of his hold which caused him to sigh.