Chapter 12: Loose Lips Sink Ships

McKenna

"Vic calm down it wasn't that bad." I reasoned as he paced the living room of his apartment trying to find something to distract himself from his anxiety. I sighed when he ignored me and sat back and watched him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion and disbelief when I saw what he did next.

"Vic what are you doing?" I asked.

"Small spaces make me feel calmer." He whispered.

"So you hide under your coffee table?" I asked my voice highering with every word.

"I can't believe the nerve she has. Bitch." He muttered the last part but crawled out from under the table and walked into the kitchen, returning a moment later with a bottle in his hands. Was he seriously drinking? I wasn't going to say anything about it because I had no right, but I was worried. This is the second time, in just a day, that he was drinking his mind away.

"Vic, I'm not going to stop you, but are you really sure that you wanna be drinking right now?" I asked as he opened the bottle and took a swig from the whiskey and cringing at the taste.

"What's it too you?" He asked with an attitude and took another drink from the bottle.

"This is the second time just this week that you've been drunk. You were completely shitfaced last night." I explained holding out my hands and gesturing to the bottle in his hands. He wasn't listening to my words as he only took another long sip from the bottle and spun the cap on the top, closing it.

"You don't know me, what I've been through, believe me I need this." He said his voice getting lower. I sighed and scooted so I was closer.

"I don't need to know a lot about you to know that sometimes people just need someone. I don't know why, but I wanna be that person for you Vic." I explained and reached for his hand. He grunted and pulled his hand away from my grasp and opened the bottle again.

"I don't fucking want your goddamn help. I am perfectly fucking fine." He said putting the bottle to his lips and taking a sip. I sighed and tried to grab the bottle but he moved to the side avoiding my grasp and spun the cap back on.

"Vic you aren't being rational here, drinking isn't the way to fix your problems. There's people to talk to or write your feelings down, punch a pillow, hell cry if you need to." I exclaimed and threw my hands in the air to get my point across.

"What the hell do you know McKenna, you're the one that caused this in the first place!" He yelled. Ouch. My mouth fell open in shock and I sat there.

"Excuse me?" I asked getting up suddenly angry with what he was saying.

"You heard me! If you didn't have to fucking sleep with me that night. You could have rejected me. Why didn't you? Huh?" He sneered and got up standing taller than me.

"So it's my fault now. You don't think I tried denying you? You wouldn't fucking let it be. Do you honestly think if I knew you had a girlfriend that I would even consider it?" I said walking closer to him. Honestly he better shut his mouth because I was starting to get angrier by the second. Every word he said made me want to punch him.

"If anything it's your fault for it all. You have no idea how much I went through. I don't know you, well you don't fucking know me." I ranted and pushed his chest. He was quiet and narrowing his eyes at me as he was probably trying to think of something to say. So I took that as my chance to continue.

"Sure, you could say anything you want really. You can call me any name you want. Go right ahead. Sure, I'm a slut, I totally dress provocatively, I'm a whore, I go around and fuck every guy I see right? Or do you call me those names because that's how you feel about yourself after every one night stand you have? Sure I'm a fucking homewrecker, you didn't have to tell your precious girlfriend. It was a one time thing, it's over, I fucking regret it." I seethed and turned around, walking towards the door. He didn't say anything else as I opened it and slammed it shut behind me going back to my apartment.

I slid down my door and breathed deeply as I put my head on my knees and took a couple of deep breaths to try and calm myself down. I was so angry.

The calmer I got, the more I regretted each word. I started to feel bad. I sighed and got up walking to the fridge and opened it to find that I still needed to go food shopping. I just wanted ice cream to be honest. I sighed and grabbed my house keys and wallet and went to put on my shoes.

I slid on flip flops and put my hair up quickly and opened my door walking out, closing it behind me.

I stared at Vic's door for a couple seconds before my heart rate increased again and I flipped off the door and walked away down the hall. He's such a fucking fuckface.

Vic

How do I move? After five minutes of watching the closed door, I was still standing here watching the door. Hoping for her to walk back in and let me explain. I felt horrible now, she was right. I know that every always says no matter,of you're right the girl is always right. But this time she actually was.

What chance did I have with her now, I screwed up any chance of friendship I had now. For what? Because I ran into my ex girlfriend at a fucking café. I had a panic attack and took it out, on a fucking potential friend.

I finally turned away from the door realizing it wasn't worth it to keep my hopes up and walked to the kitchen. I opened the bottle and dumped out the rest of the whiskey sadly and stood there watching it go down the drain before walking back into the living room.

There were two choices, watch t.v and forget about what happened, or wallow in self pity. I took the second option and walked to the coffee table in the middle of the room and crawled underneath it and sat there with my legs to my chest.
My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I sighed pulling it out to reject the call. My thumb slipped across answer accidentally and I cursed to myself when I saw it was Jaime's name on the screen.

"Hey dude what's up?" I heard through the phone as a greeting. I wanted to ram my pinky toe into a table leg right now.

"Nothing much Jaime, I'm just kind of sitting under my table." I said and lifted my head a little, because my cheek was getting sore from laying on my knee.

"Uh oh, you only go in cramped spaces when you get anxious, what happened?" I wanted to leave out all the details possible.

"Nothing Hime-Time I just saw Ronnie at the café, with her new boyfriend. I don't know, I guess it kinda hurt a little." I said sadly and picked at the thread of my jeans. It was getting too cramped under the table so I moved out from under it and sat against my couch.

"I wonder who's fault that is." He muttered.

"You know she's been having an affair with her current boyfriend since last year." I said rolling my eyes.

"Vic, in the circumstances I can understand why. You're barely home, you're always on tour." Is he serious right now?

"Jaime you're in the same band as me, you're barely home yourself, but you don't see Jess cheating on you. Do you?" I asked my anger rising at hoe ridiculous he sounded.

"Yeah, but that's different, we've been together way longer." I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose shaking my head.

"Whatever Jaime, I have to go." I mumbled through the phone and hung up without a goodbye and sat there against the couch.

I was now totally regretting dumping that alcohol out.

Drinking isn't the way to fix your problems.

Her words rang over in my head as I put my head on my knees.

Drinking isn't the way to fix your problems.

I just wanted to talk to her about it.

You're not being rational.

I wanted to be rational.

In that moment is when I truly realized that I fucked up....again.