Chapter 29: You Said You're Having a Baby

McKenna

"Oohhh McKenna! Isn't this so exciting? We could go baby shopping together!" Mrs. Fuentes spoke to me as she held my hands in hers. It seems that she was more excited for this imaginary baby than I was. I was still angry and Vic was definitely going to get it when we got home. I mean the yelling and possible fist in his face.

My attention was focused on Tony right now. I just wanted to go in and see if he was ok. It seemed that no one really noticed. Until Jaime spoke up.

"Hey where's turtle?" He asked. I shrugged and offered to go inside and look. Everyone else nodded and I smiled at Vic's mom and made my way inside the house.

It was really cozy inside, I loved it. Instead of finding Tony I spent my time in the hallway near the door looking at the wall of photos. I saw one of their mom pregnant with a spatula in her left hand and her right on her hip.

Then, I saw a picture that had 1985 at the bottom and saw Vic staring at a toy truck. This was adorable.

"I always loved looking at these pictures." I spun around and saw Vic looking at the wall of pictures himself and his family, smiling.

"Whenever I think about it, I think about having a wall like this in my own house someday." He looked at me and I was still scowling slightly as he laughed nervously.

"I've been thinking..." he whispered and looked at me.

"I just lost My adoptive daughter last week and you're already talking about squirting baby juice into me?" His face became red before he bursted out in laughter, doubling over and holding his stomach.

"I'm sorry I couldn't take that seriously." He said taking a deep breath.

"It's been such a short time together I understand, but I'm nearing 31 in February and I'm still not married, Mike's younger than me and he's been in a relationship the longest." He sighed and looked at me.

"In your book it's been three months, but in my book it's been five because we slept together when we first met and that's when I knew, that this beautiful woman standing in front of me would turn my life upside down." He said walking forward and cradling my cheek in his hands. I leaned my face into his hand and he smiled.

"I'm going all out of order, usually it's moving in, marriage, babies. I just can't help it ok? I...I want a life with you." Suddenly I grew angry and lifted my head from his hand and walked up the stairs.

"McKenna! Wait!" Vic said.

"We'll talk about this later Victor." I said and locked myself in the bathroom.

"Uuhhh..." I jumped in surprise and looked at Tony who was sitting against the wall and looking at me.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out, he shook his head and looked down.

"It's fine, you have the right to move on with your life." He said shrugging. I sighed and sat down in front of him.

"Tony can I tell you something?" I asked seriously. He nodded and tilted his head to the side in curiosity.

"I think Vic's trying to tie himself down." I admitted and looked at the tile floor I was sitting on. Tony leaned forward a little bit intrigued by what I was saying.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded and starting picking at my nails nervously.

"I mean, he's just worried about how his life is going to work out I guess, and he said he wants a life with me, but it's only been such a short time I-" I stopped mid sentence not knowing what to say next and sighed.