Chapter 26: Just Keep Holding On

Jenna

Four times. Five times. Six times.

All in the span of a week I've become a slave, it wasn't the same as it was a month ago when I first started talking to Josh. He was sweet, romantic, funny. Maybe it was all a façade because now I see who he really is. I know who the real Josh Riley is. A sadistic asshole. A monster. Every negative term in the dictionary was what Josh Riley was. Aggressive, evil, violent. The list goes on.

I've been avoiding it for days, meaning I wasn't going to school. He would text me where are you? And I would text back sick, sorry. Its been the same excuse for the past two days.

Six times is enough for me, I shouldn't have to suffer anymore, I shouldn't have to be put on this earth as something to be used.

I missed my mom, in some cases I missed my dad too. Why did they get to be happy together and I was stuck to suffer.

McKenna was at work, and Tony was in the studio today. I was here alone watching tv all day. Most people stuff their face while watching tv, but I couldn't bare to even look at food right now.

I watched the couple on the screen hug as they were reunited and sighed. I want that, but I can't have it in this relationship. That movie that I didn't know the name of was the final straw for me.

I'm a person and it's about damn time I was treated like one. I picked up my phone and opened the messages between Josh and I and made it blunt. He didn't deserve an explanation.

To: J-evil

I'm breaking up with you

I locked my phone and smiled. It felt good to get that off my chest. I smiled for what seemed like the first time in weeks and laid down and fell asleep.

_-_

When I woke up and looked at the time on my phone I sighed contentedly. I slept for two hours. I had two messages.

From: Momma Kenna

I'll be on a date with Vic after school, you feel better I'll see you at 7.

I smiled and saw that the other message was from Tony telling me to remember that next week I'm going home on the bus to him.

There was a knock on the door and I sighed. Kenna always forgetting your damn keys.

I walked to the door and opened it, ready to give her sass when my mood dulled. Josh stood in front of me soaked from the rain outside. My breathing hitched and I was frozen in my spot.

"Can I come in?" He asked shaking out his hair, water landing on me.

"Why?" I asked not giving in to his games.

"I just wanna talk, I understand why you broke up with me." He said softly. I nodded and opened the door more for him to step inside. He stood there awkwardly and looked down on the ground.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. It won't do anything, but I'm really sorry." I didn't say anything as he sighed and ran his fingers through his wet hair.

"Sorry won't help the trauma you put me through. You knew what my uncle did me to. I trusted to tell you all that. Guess what Josh, you still did it regardless, so no, sorry doesn't do anything." I looked at the clock on the wall and sighed.

I really wish 7 would come sooner.

"Jenna, can you promise you won't tell anybody about it? It'll ruin me if this gets out." He said pleading. I rolled my eyes, he's actually worried about himself right now.