Chapter 13: Silently I'll Wait

McKenna

It's been a day since I've talked to Vic and honestly I couldn't even bare the thought of being across the hall from him. The tension was across the hall, I hated this. My best decision was too just leave for the summer.

I dialed a familiar number and held the phone to my ear as I sat on the couch and booked my ticket. For tonight. I cannot stay another night here. It's not even the apartment, it's the fucking guy in the apartment across the hall.

"DO YOU CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY I HAVENT HEARD FROM YOU in like..wow THREE DAYS?!" Hailey yelled in the phone as her greeting as I smiled at my best friend.

I purchased my ticket for two hours from now and closed my laptop and put it in my luggage.

"I love you Haileyboo. Guess who's coming back for the summer?" I said smiling. She squealed and I could imagine her doing a little dance.

"Oh my God, I'm so happy." She said.

"Look I have to go to the airport, but pick me up?"

"Is that supposed to be a question? Of course I'll pick you up Mickeybutter." I smiled at our ridiculous nicknames for each other and said goodbye.

Should I write a note to Vic? Was it even worth it? He hates me anyway, yet I found myself walking slowly towards the drawer that I put my paper in and took out a purple pen and sat at the stool at my counter and leaned on my fist and stared at the paper.

I took the pen in my hand and started writing.

Dear Vic,

Well I'm leaving.

I groaned and crumpled up the paper and tossed it across the room, grabbing another piece and resuming my former position.

Dear Vic,

I don't know how to say this.

I nearly screamed and crumpled the piece of paper, tossing it behind me. I picked up my pen again and put it against the paper but didn't write. I didn't know I was putting so much thought into this.

Dear Vic,

I left, but I assure you, you aren't the reason.

I sighed and crumpled the paper and tossed it in a random direction. It was his fault actually. I didn't want it to be tense anymore. I wasn't taking any risks.

Dear Queen Victoria,

Your sassy self and attitude, which is definitely queen like indeed has caused my departure for the summer. Only if you agree would I be so honored to fix-

I screamed and crumpled the paper again and slamming it down on the counter and pulled out another piece.

Yeah, I left because I didn't want to be across the hall from a neighbor that hates me for the entire summer until my job in the fall, so whatever. I'll be back, if you wanna fix things, you can just wait until I get back.

Sincerely, McKenna Wesley

Honestly that's as good as it was getting. I know I must've sounded like a total biyatch in the letter but I honestly could care less right now. I took out scotch tape and grabbed my suitcase and my keys and walked out the door standing in the hallway and taped the note to his door.

It was silly, but I would've felt terrible if I left without a word so I let it be and didn't do anything else and just continued down the hall. I made it to the front desk and smiled at the guy behind the counter.