Chapter 15: Breakdown

McKenna

"Hey mom." I sighed and sat down in front of her and touched the stone softly tracing the letters of her name. I did the same thing every time I came here.

I never knew what to say, because I could rant and go on about my life, but she won't answer me. She won't give me advice on how to handle my next big situation. The thought only made me sadder, but I kept my promise to visit her every time I came back.

"I miss you," I whispered "so much." I added, while my eyes filled with tears.

"So much is going on, I have to tell you about it." I said smiling a little bit.

"I got the job, the kids love me, I'm so happy. I only want to live on doing what you love most. I start in the fall, but I have to order all the music I wanna do by August, so I'll be working regardless." I said laughing.

"I met someone. I know you never really liked Dylan, But somehow I wish you were here to meet him. He's sweet and funny. We're kinda fighting right now though. So I left there to come back to Phoenix 'cause I needed a break." I said softly.

"As much as I don't want to admit it, I think I really like him, even through what he said. Is there something wrong with me? I wrote in the note that I'm willing to forgive him if he talked to me when I come back, but I doubt he'll do it." I said sadly, while I started to pick blades of grass next to me.

"I have feelings for my one night stand mom, isn't that great?" I said sarcastically.

"And he blamed his breakup on me, He hates me, but I can't help but like him."

Sometimes I liked to imagine that she was actually here, sitting next to me and talking with me about everything. I could imagine what she's saying 'The heart wants what the heart wants baby girl.'

I kissed my fingers and placed them on top of her stone and situated the flowers I brought for her so that they were standing up and stood up myself.

"I love you momma." I said softly. The wind blew, messing up my hair and causing a chill to run down my spine as I walked back to my car and got in, sitting in my seat for a while before I started up my car and drove away from the cemetery.

The whole way back, my thoughts wandered to Vic. Maybe he was right, I am to blame for this. This is all my fault.

I just wanted to talk it out with him and possibly fix it. I needed to see clear again and determine if my feelings for Vic were real, or was this just simply a rebound.

I refused to think of him as a rebound. Every time I thought about him my heart would skip a beat- no matter how cliche that sounds- I would go all stupid. I think it was absolutely safe to say that I had feelings for Vic, and I don't even know his last name.

Vic

"PIERCE THE VEIL, PIERCE THE VEIL, PIERCE THE VEIL!" The crowd chanted as I stood there fixing the guitar strap on my neck and taking a deep breath.

"Just like every other show Vic." I whispered to myself and jumped up and down a little bit to get more energized.

Jaime came up behind me and slapped my back. "Let's get 'em pumped dude, first day of warped!" He yelled and followed Mike on stage as the crowd screamed. Tony smiled at me and walked out.

As soon as I started walking out they started the beginning of May These Noises Startle You in Your Sleep Tonight. The crowd cheered and screamed along with me

If you wanted to set me free

Why the fuck wouldn't you say something?

See, I was just over 17