Chapter 34: You Make Me Feel Low

McKenna

Never in my life has a moment with my dad been awkward. Everything just, went with the flow. Conversation with my dad wasn't dull, I always found it interesting.

Now though, it was definitely awkward. It was tense as I stood there with my hands on my small, but noticeable baby bump. My dad stood there with his hands in his pockets and his eyebrows furrowed as he looked back and forth between Vic and I.

"You're having a Mexican's babies?" He said jerking his chin towards Vic.

"Dad!" I scolded.

"I prefer the term sexican." I heard Vic mutter. My dad didn't hear it because he probably would've went off on him. I laughed a little which caused him to smile at me.

"I don't approve of this." He said shaking his head.

"You haven't even given him a chance! If you actually talked to him then you could know him and make your Damn assumption then!" I said forcefully and stomped my foot like a rebellious teenager.

"Yeah, well, I don't want to know him." He pulled out a box from behind his back and handed it to me. "I came to surprise you for your birthday tomorrow. Instead, I find that you disappoint me." He said sadly handing me the box. I felt a pain in my chest and felt the tears prick my eyes.

He sighed and walked up to me putting his hands on my shoulders and wiped my tears. "You really love him don't you?" He whispered. I felt more tears roll down my cheeks as I nodded and sniffling.

"So much." I whispered. His look softened and he moved my hair out of my face and kissed my forehead.

"Congrats on your pregnancy baby girl." He whispered. "And happy birthday from your mom and I." He whispered. I saddened at the mention of mom and nodded.

"Thank you." I whispered. He nodded and made his way to our door and didn't look back as he shut it behind him.

"Kenna?" I shook my head at Vic.

"Not right now Vic." I said walking away towards the door and getting my shoes on.

"I'm sorry." He said softly and wrapped his arms around from behind. He pulled me back against and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"Why are you apologizing?" I whispered and turned around and wrapped my arms around my neck.

"Because-" he started

"Because nothing Vic. I love you," I felt tears prick my eyes as my voice became thicker "and that's all that matters." I said squishing his cheeks together as more tears found their way down my cheeks.

"I love you McKenna Leigh." He whispered. I smiled and connected my lips with his.

I pulled away and laid my head on his shoulder and took a deep breath.

"He makes me feel low." I whispered. "Why can't I love who I want, if I want to love you, then I sure as hell will." I said and lifted my head to look at him. He nodded and held me tighter.

"I'm happy, I'm gonna stay that way." I said and looked down at the small bump.

"I'm really happy." I said smiling down at my stomach. I caught sight of the box in my hand and looked at it. I opened it and sighed as I went to go sit down on the couch.

"What happened?" Vic asked worriedly coming over and sitting next to me. He was about to say something but stopped his words as I lifted the necklace out of the box and held it delicately in my hands.

The chain was gold and my name was the decoration of it, small diamonds shined in random placed around it.

"There's a letter in there." Vic said pulling out a piece of paper that was folded into a small square. I unfolded it and nearly started crying when I noticed my mom's handwriting. The paper was old and crumpled sligjtly, but it didn't affect my reading.

My little McKenna,

I'm proud to say that you're four years old today. You've grown so much, it feels like just yesterday I gave birth to you, but in reality it's four years later.

Your father and I pitched in on a little present, but you're too young to receive it, if your reading this letter than you've received it. I remember your father coming home with this little box and a princess doll to give you.

No matter what, I'm very, very proud of you baby girl and mommy loves you. I love you so, so, so much. To the moon and back isn't quite accurate. You're my world Mickey.

I've been sick for a little while now, since you were two, but that won't stop my fight. I'll fight until I can't fight anymore. I'll be there for you, I promise. Even if I'm not there, I'll be there.

Happy birthday baby girl. I love you.

Mommy xoxo

The tears wouldn't stop by the time I finished the letter and Vic was cradling me and hugging me the whole time as I cried. I hugged Vic and the note to me.

I sat there crying over everything, I cried for Vic, I cried because of my dad, I cried for the babies, and I cried for mom. I cried and I cried until eventually my tears put me into a peaceful sleep.

AN: I knoooowwwww it's like kinda really short only like 900 words. I just wanted to get something written.

I love you all, I hope you enjoyed!

-Jenn Ω