Chapter 32: My Heart, I Surrender

A couple days later

McKenna

I sat back in my chair and pulled out my lunch from my bag and sighed. Vic packed it for me before I left this morning since I was in the bathroom throwing up my insides.

He packed a bag of Doritos, a chicken salad that was left over from last night and little assortments of desserts since I was craving everything sweet.

I couldn't choose, so I open the bag of Doritos and crushed some onto my salad making it slightly less healthy than intended and stuffing my face.

"Oh my God, so good." I whispered to myself and crunched another huge bite that I somehow managed to fit onto the fork.

My phone started to ring and I groaned and ended up dropping my fork on the floor while I still had food in my mouth.

I dug through my purse until I found it and tapped the screen answering the phone.

"Hewo?" I said through my mouth full of food and continued chewing and stuffing my face with more chips.

"Hello? Is this McKenna Wesley?" The woman on the other end asked. I nodded and ended up slapping myself in the face for being so stupid, she couldn't see me.

"Hello?" The woman said again.

"Oh sorry! Yes, I'm McKenna." I said and started tapping my fingers nails on my desk as she started talking.

"This is Leslie from the clinic department in the hospital. Dr. Bona has your blood test results from your visit here last Thursday." I stopped tapping my nails and sat forward in my seat a little.

"Are they bad?" I asked worriedly out of habit.

"He would like you to come in sometime throughout the day to discuss them." The lady person said on the other end of the phone.

"How much later because I'm at work right now and I don't get off until school ends." I said rubbing my fingers back and forth across my forehead and sighed.

"Anytime throughout the day is fine with him, but it's important that it happens today." She explained sounding very serious on the other end, which worried me to all ends.

"Um ok..." I trailed off "I'll be there later." I hung up too scared to think about saying goodbye and pushed my food away. My fear was taking over and I no longer had an appetite.

I unlocked my phone again and opened the texts between Vic and I and started typing.

To: Victor *tongue roll* rrrrrrrr

The results came in on my blood test, I'll be at the clinic by 4. Are you coming?

I sighed and waited for his reply which was almost instant.

From: Victor *tongue roll* rrrrrrrr

I'm sorry babe! I'll be at a meeting about the next tour. Tell me all about it? I love you.

My mood quickly dived down and I sent back a simple reply before putting my phone away as the bell rang signalling that I had a class soon.

I packed away my lunch and sat there as people started coming through the door.

"Ms. Wesley?" I looked up smiled at my student.

"Yes Ginny?" I said as she handed me a dollar.

"I need a reed." She said simply as I nodded in understand and opened my drawer taking out a saxophone reed and handing it to her.

"Thank you!" She said and walked away. I smiled at her and watched as she walked away.