Chapter 19: I Promise This is Personal

McKenna

I felt disgusting. Sweat has become me, I have become sweat. I literally hate Vic right now. Hey, let's walk around warped. I'll show you around. Shut up Vic.

"Are you ok? You look like you're about to drop dead." He said worriedly and stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm. Fine. Can we go somewhere with air conditioning?" I asked before I had a heat stroke. I forgot how hot Phoenix could get in the summer, suddenly I was glad I moved because San Diego was slightly better, less hot.

"Yeah of course, you know sleeping with sirens is probably in their dressing room, do you wanna go there?" I shrugged and let him lead the way because I honestly didn't care where we went as long as it was freezing in there.

Vic led me to a building directly to his left and showed the guy his personal pass before the guy nodded and opened the door for him.

"Thanks man." He said and walked through the door. I followed suddenly becoming self conscious with my attire. Everyone here was either wearing black or some other color and either ripped jeans or fishnet leggings with shorts. Me? I was wearing short shorts and a pink tee shirt I got from a boutique next to Starbucks.

I huddled behind Vic as we walked and the more looks I received the more I realized they weren't glaring at me because of what I was wearing. I moved away from Vic slightly and walked behind him until he stopped in front of a door and did some weird knock thing before he opened the door and greeted everyone.

I stayed there rubbing my arms, getting used to the air conditioning that surrounded the room and stood next to Vic.

"Vic, who's the hot girl?" I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my hip. My sass was coming out.

"The name's McKenna. McKenna Wesley Vic's friend." I said sticking my hand out. The guy grabbed it and got down on one knee kissing the back of my hand.

"So Vic wouldn't mind if I asked such a lovely lady out tonight?"

"I don't think Vic's the one you should be asking." I said, suddenly growing very annoyed with this dude.

"My apologies but would you-"

"No thank you I'm taken." I lied to get him off my back as he sighed and stood up sitting on the couch again.

"OHHHH DENIED!" The guys chorused.

"McKenna, let me introduce you. This is Kellin, lead singer who you met this morning." Kellin did a small wave and a half a smile before taking a sip of Monster and avoiding eye contact.

"And that's Jack, lead guitarist." He said pointing to the guy on Kellin's left with short black hair and slight stubble on his face. He did the same as Kellin and Vic moved on.

"That's Justin who plays bass and the one who tried to ask you out and failed."

"I WILL PREVAIL!" He yelled before raising his beer can in the air and taking a sip.

"And on the phone over there is Jesse, he's the rhythm guitarist." I nodded as he moved on to introduce another person, but there was no one there.

"Where's Gabe?" Vic asked pointing to the empty space on the couch. Kellin shrugged.

"Probably just waking up."

"But it's like noon." I said in confusion.

"Exactly." Kellin answered and went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. Kellin didn't seem really friendly or civil, I don't if it's because he was just tired or what, but I felt uncomfortable.