Chapter 20: Bring Me Home Again

McKenna

I wrapped my arms around Vic's neck engulfing him in a goodbye hug as we stood in front of the bus, Hailey was next to me leaning against the side of the bus awkwardly.

"Call me." Vic said pleading and looking into my eyes.

"Vic she'll be fine, I'll call you I promise." I said grabbing his hand and squeezing it.

It seems as though through this situation we've become closer. My feelings were still there, but now wasn't the time to even think about doing anything about it. There was too much going on.

"And have a safe flight." Vic said as the bus beeper obnoxiously. Before he said goodbye and body flung at me and I was tackled to the concrete ground. I winced and saw nothing, but a back.

"You keep my little girl safe and bring her home to me safe." I recognized it as Tony's voice as he crushed me.

"I. Promise." I wheezed as he got up smiling and walked back onto the bus. Vic waved one last time before closing the door and leaving me and Hailey to start walking towards the hospital to pick up Jenna and bring us back home so that we can drive home in my car.

There was a beep behind us as we walked and Hailey and I both turned around to see multiple tour buses passing by, some of them with the band members sticking their heads out the rescue windows and cheering. I saw one bus with Asking Alexandria painted on the side with a brunette hanging out the window drinking a beer. I sighed and laughed quietly as I watched them pass by.

"Warped gets crazy sometimes." Hailey whispered as we continued walking down the block towards the hospital.

"Sooooo..." she said smiling like a mad man. "You and Vic huh? Huhuhuh?" She asked. I blushed deeply and avoided eye contact at all costs.

"We're just close friends." I said as we stopped at a cross walk and Hailey ran to press the button.

"Mhm, 'close friends' indeed." She said nodding.

"Yes, close friends. That just so happened to drunkenly fuck once." I said matter-of-factly and took into account what I just said.

"So you wouldn't mind fucking him again?" Hailey asked pointing at me.

"What? That had nothing to- HEY LOOK! The hospital." I said running in, avoiding the question at all costs. I went straight to receptionist from yesterday and she smiled at me.

"Jenna?" I smiled and nodded as she wrote down the information on the visitors pass and handed it too me.

"Is she getting discharged today? Its been four days, the doctors are usually good with that stuff." The receptionist said before I could walk away.

"I hope so, I'm ready to go back to San Diego, it's hotter than I remember." I said smiling. She nodded at me understanding that I had somewhere to be and let me go.

Hailey followed close behind me as I made my way to the already open elevator. I ran to it and held the door open and got Hailey and myself in before it closed to quickly.

"Isn't that the same receptionist from seven years ago with your mom?" Hailey asked as she leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"Yeah it is." I whispered, I didn't really want to remember my mom right now. I just didn't want to cry.
"Sorry." She whispered. I shrugged and the elevator doors opened and j walked out and down the hall towards the room that was written on my visitors pass.

I stopped in front of the correct room and took a deep breath before I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard from the other side. I looked behind me to make sure Hailey was behind me and opened the door slowly.