Chapter 24: It Feels So Early

McKenna

I stared at Jenna from across the counter squinting at her. I found it weird that I had acquired a 14 year old daughter in a matter of a week and I was just nearing 24, but my motherly side was suddenly kicking in as I watched her type away on her phone. Smiling.

This could only mean one thing. She was talking to a boy. Oh God, why am I suddenly feeling old?

I sighed and turned around to stir the spaghetti I had boiling in a pot for the both of us.

I heard her giggle and turned around quickly and used it as my chance to start interrogating.

"Who's making you laugh?" I asked cautiously. She looked up and her smiled faced a little when she saw the look on my face.

"Just a friend Kenna, don't worry about it." She said shrugging, she looked back down at her phone when it vibrated.

"Let me rephrase this, who's the boy?" Her head snapped up and suddenly she was as red as a tomato.

"N-No one." She said pulling at the collar of her shirt. She put her phone in her back pocket.

"So when's the spaghetti ready?" She asked. Heh, that rhymed, stop it McKenna.

I turned around and checked the time and looked back to see her struggling on her crutches as she tried to get away.

I walked slowly behind her as she crutched away. "So...who's the guy?" I asked. She gave up trying to get away and looked at me. A smile grew on her face.

"His name is Josh. We met in Starbucks last week. We kinda exchanged numbers and started talking a lot. I really like him." She said shyly. I nodded slowly and her phone vibrated loudly as she pulled it out of her back pocket.

"Oh my God McKenna what does can we talk? Mean, he doesn't wanna be friends with me anymore." She panicked. I led her back to the island counter and let her sit in the stool while I took the pot of spaghetti and poured it in the strainer. She was staring at her phone like her life depended on the next message. Her eyes widened when her phone vibrated and all of the sudden she started squealing uncontrollably.

"So get this! He just told me that he likes me and wants me to be his girlfriend! McKenna, I'm so excited!" She squealed again and shook her hands back and forth excitedly.

"Boyfriend." My eyes twitched and I didn't know whether to become over protective or passive.

"Well, honey, you're only 14, shouldn't you be, uh, focusing on school! Yeah that! You're gonna be in high school next month."

"Kenna he's goes to the same school! I have friends already! Well a friend but this is so exciting!"

"Yeaaahhhhh, totes. Exciting." I said serving her some spaghetti.

"Tell me more about this boyfriend." I said twirling the noodles around my fork while she was in the middle of devouring her meal.

"What?" She said with her mouth full.

"Tell me more about your boyfriend." I said swinging my fork around.

"Oh he's great! He's a freshman like me and he loves call of duty, he plays it in his free time, but he said he would be spending less time playing it and more with me awwhhhh isn't he just romantic!" She gushed and put her fork down.

"Peachy." I muttered.

"BOYFRIEND?!" Someone yelled as I shot my head up and locked eyes with a devastated looking Tony.

"Heh, hi there Tony." Jenna said awkwardly waving.

"Boyfriend." He said like venom.

"Tony you're a boyfriend. I don't see the problem is here." Jenna said turning around fully in her seat.

"Yeah! Well, boys your age only think with one thing and that's their-"

"Tony we both well know that you're the equivalent of a teenage boy and also think with your thingading." Another voice said as Vic appeared behind Tony and smirked, while Tony started laughing.

"I only try to be a parent and you've got to make me LAUGH!" he said annoyed and laughed again.

"Thingading." He said laughing. Jenna smiled a little before getting up on her crutches and walking towards her room.

"Well, I'm off to bed! Night!" She said.

"JENNA JANICE WE ARE NOT DONE WITH THIS CONVERSATION!" Tony said stomping towards her room. I laughed a little and looked at Vic who was already smiling at me.

"Welcome home!" I said smiling. "Well, welcome to my home." I corrected shyly.

"Its good to be back." He said nodding. It was kinda awkward because I felt my feelings hit me with a curveball.

"THE SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN YOU TWO IS INCREDIBLE!" I heard Tony yell from Jenna's room. Jenna laughed loudly and I heard a snort before laughing myself.

"How was tour?" I asked as I cleaned out my bowl and brought the sink and filled it with soapy water.

"Lonely, but fun." He answered. I smiled to myself and scrubbed the pot clean.

"Why lonely?" I asked curiously.

"Because you weren't there." Wow. Talk about cheeseball. Where's the red wines and rose petals.

I started laughing and shook the pot clean before placing it in the rack and turned towards him only to see him next to me.

"Woah, hey there." I said awkwardly as I backed up against the counter. He stepped closer and placed his hands on my waist and looked down at me. I looked up and realized my eyes were trained on his lips. I didn't have time to think before his lips landed on mine.

It was a sweet and innocent kiss that he pulled away from a few seconds later and smiled at me.

"That's a little blunt." I whispered before pulling his shirt collar and crashing his lips onto mine again and pulled away out of breath.

"I've been trying to find the nerve to approach that all summer." He whispered.

"You kept me waiting." I whispered and rubbed my thumb on the back of his neck.

"No more waiting." He whispered. He connected his lips with mine again before he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"Is that a promise?" I asked.

"One that I'll never break."

An: alright! DOUBLE UPDATE! Hellloooooo everyone! I have some plans for this story, but instead of Vic and Mick's point of view, it'll be switched to McKenna and Jenna. I wanna show you progression with Jenna and it'll have to do with what I have planned.

BuT VIC AND MCKENNA AWWHHHH! IM SUCH A CHEESEBALL!

I hoped you guys liked it! I love you all

-Jenn Ω