Chapter 10: Who's Ready To Party...not me

Vic

I woke up the next morning with a hangover. Of course. I thought sarcastically. I groaned and held my head unable to remember anything about last night. I got up and went to the bathroom.

I did my business and brushed ny teeth and was now wandering around my apartment trying to look for my phone because stupid Vic didn't have another clock around. I sighed in relief when I found it near the television. Why was it even near the television? I picked it up and pressed the home button, the screen lighting up telling me it was noon. And that the poor thing was dying. 1% battery. I walked to my room and plugged it in to the charger and saw a person laying in my bed. But not just any person. McKenna. I never thought that I would see her again and here she is.

Thankfully fully clothed.

I didn't really want to wake her just yet, but I was leaving for Jaime's barbeque soon. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some cereal and milk and eating that quickly before heading towards the shower.

I heard a soft groan come from the bed. That was adorable. What? Stop it Vic. I turned around with my pile of clothes in my hand and looked at the stretching McKenna and ran into the bathroom quickly and shut the door softly. I took a deep breath and held my hand to my heart. That was close. I continued to turn on the shower and wait for the right temperature before stepping in.

I didn't know why I didn't want McKenna seeing me, I feel like something happened last night and I couldn't put the pieces together and I didn't understand why.

When I finished my shower, I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my hips and stepped out to see that I forgot my clothes outside when I panicked and ran into the bathroom. They were probably dropped on the floor. Crap. I didn't want to face McKenna quite yet. I feel like she was gonna yell at me.

Wear a towel the rest of your life or be a fucking man Fuentes.

I took a deep breath and unlocked the door and stepped out only to see the bed empty, I sighed in relief and grabbed my clothes and changing into them.

I took the towel and towel dried my hair the best I could and then brushed it out, placing a beanie on my head and walking out of my room when I saw McKenna sitting on my couch watching tv.

"Um-"

"Where's my ring Victor?" Was the first thing out of her mouth when she noticed that I was behind her.

Then in an instant it all came flooding back. My music was too loud. Complaining. She recognized me. Her ring.

*flashback*

"YOU HAVE MY RING! GIVE ME MY RING!" She yelled restlessly.

"First of all no it's not yours. Its McKenna's." I said putting a hand on my hip. Who does this bitch think she is?

"I'm McKenna." Oh silly human.

"Um, uh, I kinda maybe hid it from myself." I said softly scratching the back of my head.

She stood up abruptly and turned towards me. How does she always manage to look good? I mentally slapped myself and focused on the girl who was a mere two feet from me.

"Lets get something straight here Victor I don't know your last name." She said stepping forward and poking my chest.

"I'm not leaving you alone until you find my ring, once I have it back you can go on with your life, whatever the fuck you do with it. I. Don't. Care." Her voice cracked as I saw her eyes fill with tears and my heart broke at the sight.