Chapter 8: Go Go Go

McKenna

I felt way too professional right now. Did I even need to dress this well. Its a teaching job. I'm not working for corporate. I sighed and took the outfit off and standing in the middle on my room in my bra and underwear. I sighed and started sifting through the suitcase that I still have to unpack and found a blouse and leggings and pulled those on quickly. I opened a second suitcase and looked for flats and pulled them on and pulled my hair to the side and braided it quickly before smiling at my reflection and walking out and right into the kitchen, only to remember that I had no food. I had no coffee. Shit. I came to the decision to just run to Dunkin Donuts and go fucking food shopping after all of this.

I was nervous, I didn't know if they would like me or maybe just simply hated me because I was taking the place of a teacher they loved? I don't know, but I was never one to be in front of crowds, especially a whole band. This was crazy, I was crazy for even considering this. I walked out of my apartment and locked the deadbolt and pulled my key out of the lock and continuing down the hall.

I walked out of the double doors and down the sidewalk. It was about a ten minute walk and it was a nice day so why not enjoy the outdoors? Wrong. This dumb gnats wouldn't stop bothering me and I wish I had taken a taxi now. On the other hand, I didn't want to because of that rude driver yesterday. I sighed and kept walking, soon seeing a Dunkin next to me and went in.

"What can I get for ya?" The cashier asked politely.

"I'll take a coffee coolata please." She nodded and took the five dollar bill I offered her and made my change before turning around and starting my drink. I sighed and tapped my fingers on the counter impatiently and checked my phone. I had to be there in ten minutes.

"Here you go, one coffee coolata." She said. I thanked her and walked out and started speed walking towards the school, hoping to God that I wouldn't get lost.

I smiled when I saw the sign that read Mission Bay High School, I sighed in relief and walked towards the double doors and pulled the doors open. It was a big school. I liked the feel of it. I made my way to the office and opened the doors.

"Can I help you?" A secretary asked without looking up from the computer she was typing on. She intimidated me for some reason, but now was not the time to get scared. Say something McKenna.

"Um, I, um, um, uhh, I'm, uh, looking for principle Tiber." I said nervously. I slapped my forehead and started mumbling insults at myself.

"What's your name doll?" She asked.

"McKenna Wesley." I said quickly while her face lit up with realization and she smiled brightly.

"Ms. Wesley! Its such a pleasure to meet you!" She got up and walked around the desk until she was in front of me holding out her hand. I took it wearily and shook slowly while smiling.

"I'm Linda Stratovich, head Secretary." I kept smiling and nodded.

"Did I hear Wesley?--Mrs. Wesley what a pleasure!" I smiled and held my hand out to the principal despite my slowly growing bad mood.

"Its Ms." I corrected softly.

"My apologies. Shall we start?" He asked gesturing to the glass doors. I nodded and walked behind him.

"Oh and Linda can you get Wendell's parents on the phone, he'll be receiving suspension."

"Right away sir." She walked back to her desk. This was so strict feeling. Like Tiber was the King and everyone in that office was peasants. I took a breath as I followed him out of the office.