Chapter 9: Waking Your Neighbors

Vic

There's this thing called depression. I don't like the term though I know it exists, but varies in situations. There's severe depression and then break up depression.

Break up depression is like an ocean. Or was that severe? Anyways, it's like an ocean. Wait...or was it a river? Damn it what was it! Anyways, break up depression is like a river, you know what lets go with the river. It has it's good curves that are simple and then the bad sharp curves that could possibly kill you. Eventually though, you reach the waterfall and drop into the the calmness of "moving the fuck on bitch" world.

I don't even know what the hell I'm trying to explain I'm too drunk.

My point is that, I think that I can say that I've moved on. Finding out about that on going affair opened my eyes. No matter how much I told myself that I loved Veronica, I never really felt it so per say. They were white walls. Blank. Did that make sense? Whatever. I stumbled down the hallway towards my apartment and ran into my door. I sighed and stuck the key in the hole unlocking it and opening it and falling forward onto my face. Ow. I thought. I lifted my head and looked around but only saw darkness. Oh my God! Why is it dark!? Oh my God did I go blind? Oh God why? I got up and felt across the wall for the light switch and flicked it on sighing in relief. I wasn't blind. Thank God.

I wasn't even tired. Its like 2 in the morning and I'm still not asleep. I should totally listen to some music right now. I walked over to my stereo system and plugged my phone in and pressed shuffle and turned the volume up.

"LET IT GOOOO LET IT GOOOO CANT HOLD ME BACK ANYMORE!-FUCK!" I yelled as I stubbed my toe on the coffee table and fell face first onto the couch. Where did my shoes go anyway? Ah, fuck did the shoe monster come again?

The song changed and I sat up and sat back on the couch while listening to the music and got up quickly.

"MY ANACONDA DONT. MY ANACONDA DONT. MY ANACONDA DONT. WANT. NONE UNLESS YOU GOT. BUNS. HUN." I used to curse Mike out for downloading this song, but now I love it. I know the whole rap.

"HE LOVE THIS FAT ASS HAHAHHAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAA YEAH. THIS ONE IS FOOOOORRRRR MYYYYY BITCHES WITH A FATASS IN THE FUCKING CLUB, I SAID WHERE MY FAT ASS BIG BITCHES IN THE CLUB. FUCK THOSE SKINNY BITCHES, FUCK THOSE SKINNY BITCHES IN THE CLUB I WANNA SEE ALL MY FAT ASS BITCHES IN THE MOTHERFUCKING CLUB FUCK YOU IF YOU SKINNY! WHAT?" You just gotta...groove to it. You got to get your hips going and, oh my God Vic stop your gay is showing.

McKenna

I finally finished that damned grocery list that I need to accomplish and taped it too fridge I have to stop ordering out. Not only do I need the money, but I'm gaining weight and I can't deal with that when it took me forever to lose the weight. I sighed and closed the pizza box and walked to the bathroom to start washing up. I turned on the water and grabbed my toothbrush and spread toothpaste and started brushing.

I spit the toothpaste out and grabbed the mouthwash and started swishing it around and looked at the clock in the bathroom and widened. 2am already? Wait why is there a clock in the bathroom? I spit out the mouthwash and start putting my hair into a ponytail and walked out of the bathroom and walked to my room and laid on my bed and snuggled with the blankets and let sleep take over.

Music started blasting as soon as I shut my eyes and I shot them open and sat up and tried to listen.

Who the fuck would be playing Let it Go at 2 in the morning? What the fuck? I sighed and tried to ignore it and try to get some sleep and all of the sudden it stopped and I smiled and shut my eyes slowly, ready for sleep to finally take over.

Unfortuately another song came on and I groaned and sat up and got out of bed and walked to the kitchen and got a glass from the cabinet and filled it with cold water.

The music was coming from across the hall, I didn't know anyone new moved in. They were annoying already though. I stood with my back against the counter trying to work up the courage to go over there and tell that person off. I didn't know what to do. I could ignore it and get no sleep or I could go over there and have them think of me as being a total bitch.

I sighed and dumped out the rest of the water and placed the cup in the sink and walked towards my door and placed my hand on the doorknob.
"MY MILKSHAKES BRING ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD. DAMN RIGHT THEYRE BETTER THAN YOURS!" I heard from across the hall and tightened my grip on the doorknob. My hand got sweaty so I cringed and wiped my hand on my shorts and opened the door swiftly.

Little fly aways of my hair brushed against my neck making me shiver as I stared at the door across the hall. A3. Ew, odd numbers.

The song changed and I paid no attention to the fact that I was supposed to be yelling at my neighbor but the fact that it seemed heavier than what was just playing.

"BABY, WE'LL PRETEND RIGHT NOW BUT I SWEAR TO GO IM GONNA CHANGE THE WORLD."

I sighed and walked towards the door and stood in front of it. Sleep or naw? I sighed in frustration and banged on the door.

"ARE YOU HERE TO YELL AT ME FOR PLAYING MY OWN MUSIC!" the voice on the other side yelled. The door opened and the music became louder.

"Cause I can play whatever I damn well please bish." He slurred.

"I'm here to ask you to turn the damn music down." I said rudely trying to see the guy's face.

"Why should I?" He countered.

"Because it's 2am and unlike you there are people who would actually want to sleep." I said simply crossing my arms over my chest and standing my ground.

He just stood there laughing. Laughing. I bit the inside of my cheek and started squeezing my forearms trying not to attack this guy.

"Look person I love my sleep and you're preventing me from getting said sleep. So please turn the music down." I pleaded through clenched teeth. He lifted his head and I widened my eyes. This can't possibly be happening right now. I tilted my head to the side and was left speechless.

"Vic?" I asked.

"Hewooo." He said wiggling his fingers. Then a thought immediately popped into my head. He has my ring. I walked past him and into his apartment. He turned around swiftly and looked at me.

"Listen fangirl, just get out and there won't be a problem." He said holding up his hands like he was ready to fight.

"What? Vic shut up. I'm looking for a ring." I said panicked.

"What!" He asked. I sighed and turned the music off.

"YOU HAVE MY RING! GIVE ME MY RING!"

"First of all no it's not yours. Its McKenna's." He said putting a hand on his hip.

"I'm McKenna!" I said forcefully and walked into his room. He's got to have it somewhere. I looked along the dresser in the drawers.

"Its hidden from you missy. And possibly...myself." he said slowly. I widened my eyes and sat on the bed.
"I'm not leaving until you give me my fucking ring back." I said and laid down on his bed.

"I don't know you, get out." He said and laid on the bed next to me.

"You know who I am but you're fucking drunk. I'm not. Leaving. Until. I get. My. Ring." I said and closed my eyes.

"Good night stranger." Vic said.

"'Night asshole."