Part 1 : Unspoken Tensions

[Start date- 12/04/2023]

Hello wonderful readers! I just wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for choosing to read 'Her Bestfriend's Brother'.

This story holds a special place in my heart, and I'm thrilled to share it with you all. As a budding writer, your support and encouragement mean the world to me.

However, I'd be immensely grateful if you could take a moment to vote for each chapter after reading. Your votes not only boost my confidence but also help the story reach more readers.

Thank you so much for your time and support! Wishing you all a fantastic day ahead!

[ Edit: 20/04/2023]
We've already surpassed 800 views, which is incredible! Woohoo!

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

"Mooom!" I called out as I entered the kitchen, where my mom was busy making breakfast.

"What is it, Layla? Stop shouting," she said, turning to face me with a playful smile.

"Mom, I can't find my blue jeans. Have you seen them?" I asked, hoping she hadn't misplaced them.

She looked at me blankly for a moment before her smile widened. Ah, I see that look.

"They're in the laundry. Sorry, Layla, I didn't realize you needed them for today."

I sighed, resigned to wearing something else. "It's okay, Mom. I'll just pick out something else. What's for breakfast?"

"Layla, wear this," my best friend Iqra said, handing me a black dress and a necklace.

"Iqra, where did you get this?" I asked, pointing to the necklace.

"Isn't it yours? I found it on your dressing table," she replied casually.

I furrowed my brow, puzzled. I didn't remember owning this necklace. "Uh, okay. I'll go change real quick."

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

Layla held the necklace in her hand, studying it closely. She couldn't recall buying it or someone giving it to her. How had it ended up on her dressing table overnight? She pushed the thought aside and hurried back to her room to join her impatient best friend.

"Layla, come on, hurry up! We've got to be at the college in 30 minutes!" Iqra exclaimed impatiently.

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

After breakfast, we piled into Iqra's car and headed to college. Luckily, all our friends were attending the same college. I couldn't help but feel excited about the memories we'd create together. I've known Iqra since we were 3 years old, and she's been my best friend ever since.