Part 15: To Look Like A Princess

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

In the end, we took the white dress. She said that she wanted something unique. In Indian weddings, brides mostly wear red or pink in their weddings. She also said that she's always wanted to look like a princess in her wedding. Which is why, she chose the white gown.

It was 5 pm now. Mom thought we must go and eat something, hence we were now at the billing counter, paying for the gown and my dress. "Is it done yet?" Imran asked the person at the counter.

"Sir, there's some error in the machine. We're sorry, but you'll have to wait for some more time. Please sit," he said.

We went in the waiting area and sat, waiting to get out of there. Imran came and sat beside me, scrolling on his phone. I looked around, there were dresses everywhere.

I then saw a silver sparkly gown, and couldn't take my eyes off it. It had full sleeves made up of silver net, and a deep V-neck covered with the same net. It had so much detailed work on it, which made it more precious and beautiful.

It was unique in its own way. Wow, it's so beautiful! I took a picture of that gown, just in case I felt like buying it.

I then turned to my left, only to see Imran looking at me. Did he see me looking at that dress? Nah, I don't think he did. "What?" I ask him, and he replied, "You hungry? I feel like I'll eat the first edible thing I see." His sentence made me laugh and Mom asked, "Imran? What did you say that she's laughing like this?"

"Me? I- I don't know why she's laughing Mom," Imran lied and gestured me to stay quiet. "No no no no. Mom, I'll tell you what he said. He says that he's SO hungry that he'll eat the first thing that he sees if it's edible."

Mom too laughed at this while Imran gave me a "betrayed" look. Lol, he looks cute while doing that.
NO WAIT, DID I JUST CALL HIM CUTE?
Ugh, Layla, you have a boyfriend. Stop it! I mentally scolded myself.

Mom went to the washroom and Imran moved close to me. He moved to my ear and whispered, "Oh Layla, you broke my heart by telling that to Mom. Are you gonna tell her everything that happens between us? Including what happened in the car earlier today at college?"

Ugh! I hate it when he does this! I hate it when he teases me. His minty breath was fanning at the side of my neck. I couldn't handle the proximity between us. Heat crept up to my cheeks and I shifted back, but he moved his hand towards me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ears. "Perfect."

The manager called us to say that the payment had been done, and we were waiting for Mom to come. Within a few minutes, she came back and I looked at that silver dress one last time before going out.

We headed to a nearby Indian restaurant because honestly, we miss home. Indian food is the one thing we miss the most when not in India.

Trust me when I say this, if you love spicy food or you wanna try something different, Indian food is a must for you! But the only problem is that you won't get that authentic Indian taste outside India.

"Imran, what will you eat? Get a Butter Chicken with Butter Garlic Naan (bread) for me," Mom said after looking at the menu.

Y'all must be thinking that Butter Chicken must be something like chicken prepared with butter, right? But no, it consists of a variety of spices, a paste of tomatoes and cashews, some cream along with curd and then all mixed up, with lots of butter added. Then it is mixed with chicken and tadaa! It's ready.

"Okay so a Butter Chicken for Mom, a Pav Bhaji for me and-" "Imran what about Layla? You didn't ask her?" Mom asked Imran who looked at me and said, "Mom, I know what she wants- half portion Nalli Nihari with Tandoori Roti or Cheese Garlic Naan."

I looked at him in surprise, shocked by the fact that he remembered exactly what I like to eat here. I smiled at him and he went to give our order.
"Layla? When will you complete your shopping? And I'm telling you this, you have to look the best! I want my daughter to look the best in my son's wedding."

Mom said and smiled at me, waiting for a reply. "Uhm, yes I still have to do that. I was planning on going for it together with the girls." She nods and Imran came back and sat beside Mom; who made him sit next to me as there were shopping bags with her.

"When will the food come, Imran?" I asked him, to which he replied, "I guess it will be here in a minute or so." Just as he said this, the waiters brought our food and left, leaving us to devour it.

Wow. Just wow. I missed this so badly! The spicy food, that particular taste, that blend of spices, ah! We all were now sharing our food because we can eat every Indian dish.

Mom was so busy eating her food that she didn't even realise that someone was calling her. "Mom, your phone's ringing," I said and she excused herself to attend the call.

We both were eating our food and I extended my hand to take a glass of water, but Imran too did the same thing at the same time. I was holding the glass and his hands were on mine, sending shocks through my veins instead of blood.

I could feel my heartbeat increase, as he held my hand more firmly. I could feel those butterflies in my stomach again. I looked at him, who was already looking at me.

Why do I feel this way when I'm close to him? I don't feel anything like this when Im with Amaan. Every time were alone together, I feel butterflies in my stomach.

He leaned forward and I sat still. I couldn't move, not even when he was just inches away from me. I could feel his cologne, and the heat radiating between us. He wiped something off the corner of my lips and moved back.

I removed my hand which was beneath his hand. I didn't want anyone to see us like this. Especially someone who knows us. I don't want them to think something weird about us.

I took a tissue and opened my phone's front camera and wiped the gravy off my face. We then continued eating our food and Mom came back. We left from there after eating some desserts.

Oh God! What have I gotten myself into?

*    *    *    *    *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Vote if you liked the chapter!<33