Part 39: Blueberry Cheesecake

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

Layla's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

"It's okay, I'm glad I could help you,"

"Myself Layla. And as much as I would like to talk to you, I've got to be somewhere right now."

"You're gonna carry all this by yourself?"

"Well, I couldn't let a pretty lady stand there all by herself waiting for a cab. Plus I was going the same way so I thought why not."

"And here's your lunch Layla,"

"What were you thinking Layla? You could've gotten hurt!"

"You're checking me out?" "Nah."

What was that? I woke up from my sleep, sweating and panting. Why did those dreams feel so real? As if they were more than just dreams? It wasn't just a normal dream, it felt as if it was- it was real. There was a guy in my dream, and he was everywhere.

The dreams were very messy, for instance, one moment it was something while the very next moment, it was something else. They were quite illogical, shifting from one place to another. Oh God, my head- it hurts.

"Oh you're up, did you sleep well?" Theo came in and asked as he seated himself on a chair beside me. "Yeah, I did. Where's everyone by the way?" I asked and he said, "You fell asleep while we were talking and Zahra and her friends left after a while. And then after sometime I asked Zayn, Iqra and Shifa to head home and rest as they were here all night long. Max and Lexi are also here to meet you, we were just sitting outside, talking while you were napping."

"Oh, so where are they?" I asked and he said, "They're in the canteen, Lexi was hungry. I'll call them if you want me to-"
"Nah nah it's alright, let them finish and come here. Um by the way Theo, can I share something with you, a dream?" I asked and he nodded saying, "Yes Layla of course you can. I'm here."

"You remember I told the doctor about those visions? They're back, I saw them in my dreams," I said and he looked quite intrigued. "What type of dreams?" He asked and I said, "I don't know, they're black and white, small flashes kinda visions. And there's this guy with me, like we're both talking and it's almost like I know him very well. One moment he's asking me about my likes and dislikes, the next he's giving me flowers and then we are dancing at a party or something. And you know, after that dance we talk and that's when I woke up."

Theo's expressions changed from confusion to that of surprise. "Do you have any clue about it? You know the doctor said they could be my past memories, what do you think about them?" I asked him and he shook his head saying, "Um, no, I- I don't think I know about it, sorry." His body language changed all of a sudden and by the looks of it, I doubt he knows something.
"Never mind, I'll ask Iqra or Shifa about it," I said and smiled when Max entered with a girl by his side, she must be Lexi, his girlfriend.

"Hey Layla," he said and hugged me as I hugged him back. "We brought you your favourite ice cream, Blueberry Cheesecake flavour," Lexi said and I smiled sheepishly taking it. "Thank you so much, I'm so done with this tasteless hospital food, ugh," I said and made a face as they laughed at it.

"I'm Lexi, I know you don't remember me, but I'm pretty sure we'll make new memories pretty soon," she said with a smile plastered on her face and I smiled back at her while Max said, "They said that the last thing you remember is Shifa's birthday party, right?" I nodded and said, "Yes, and I don't even remember her birthday, just that I left my home in a cab to go there and I stopped at a florist to get a bouquet I had ordered for her. Everything that happened after that is out of my memory."

They passed a look to each other and Lexi said, "Oh, you wanna know about Shifa's birthday party? Or anything else? We'd be glad to help you," she said and I nodded. "What happened at Shifa's party? Was I there?" I asked and Max nodded.

"When I came, you were with Iqra and Shifa, you and I were talking and that's when he came," he said and a scowl formed on his face. "He? Who?" I asked and he said, "Amaan, your boyfriend."
"What? Amaan- he's my boyfriend?" I asked in shock. When did he become my boyfriend? "You- you don't remember that as well? Shit," he cursed under his breath. 

"What is it that you remember about you and Amaan?" Lexi asked and I said, "I remember that he liked me and asked me out quite a few times, but I never said yes to him. When did this happen?"

"Around a year ago, right after your birthday," Max responded and I asked, "You mean we are dating now? So where is he? Is he unaware about me being out of coma?"
"He's on his way here, he left from his house a while ago, should be here in less than half an hour," Theo answered and I nodded.

'I cannot believe I am dating Amaan. I mean, I never thought of it, about dating Amaan, then what changed my mind?' I thought to myself and Lexi spoke, "Are you sure you wanna know further? It can trigger your memories and that may not be a good thing," "I'm sure, I wanna know what happened at the party," I stated.

"You guys weren't dating that time, but he was obsessed with you. He became jealous when he saw us talking and would barely leave your side. And um, people were talking about you coming to the party with a guy, nobody knew him. They claimed he was your boyfriend but you didn't give a shit about the rumours and told us he was just a friend, a new friend," "I was there with a guy? I bought him to the party with me? I would never do that," I said, interrupting Max mid-way.

"Nah na, we know you wouldn't do that and no, you didn't bring him to her party. The guy just dropped you there. You didn't talk about him in the party. We danced, sang songs and played Truth or Dare. When it landed upon you, you chose Truth and some people asked you about him and you said he was a friend, nothing more than that. And some guys were furious at the sound of you being there with a guy, though he was just a friend," he said and sighed deeply, his face had a hint of annoyance.

"Heeyyy you're up!" The door opened and Shifa chirped as she came in with Iqra and Zayn. "How's my sister feeling now?" Zayn asked as he caressed my hair and I nodded in response, saying, "Much better. We were talking about what happened at Shif's birthday, I wanted to know."
"But-" "It's okay, I can handle it. And Zayn... where is he?" I asked him.

I don't know why but it was disturbing me, his absence was disturbing me. He said that I meant the world to him, then why isn't he here? If he liked me, why isn't he here for me?
"Who are you talking about?" Iqra asked with confusion laced on her face.
"Is it I-" "Yeah, who is it?" Theo asked, stopping her mid way from saying something. "Who were you talking about Layla?" Max asked and I said, "Of course Amaan, who else would I ask for?"

*    *    *    *    *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33