Part 41: At The Florist

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

Author's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

F L A S H B A C K

"Max?" Shifa said as he came running towards them and hugged Shifa who then broke into tears in his arms.

"Max she's- she's in a coma. Please tell her not to do this, you- you know she will listen to you!" Shifa weeped as he gently caressed her back and said, "Shifa, I know how hard it is for you to deal with this right now, believe me I am hurting as much as you are. But we have to be strong enough to handle the others, right?"

"Will she be okay?" Shifa asked him and he nodded, saying, "You know, people who are kind, helping and caring towards others are like angels, and Layla, she is indeed an angel. Nothing will ever happen to her, you know angels are under His protection, right?"

She nodded and wiped her tears and he said, "Yeah, that's better. C'mon now, we've gotta go to her parents, they must be traumatised."

Lexi, Iqra and Zayn were sitting in the hospital room with her parents and Zahra. "Zayn," Max said and he came forward, hugging him whilst controlling his tears.
"She's gonna be fine, I know her, she's my sister," Zayn mumbled and Max nodded as they sat down, discussing about her condition.

The door to her room flung open, revealing a panting Imran followed by her mother and Theo.

"Wha- what happened to her?" He managed to ask as Zayn said, "Coma, coma happened. Even the doctors can't say when she will be out of it."

"Layla," Zayn's mom said as tears flowed from her eyes. The bond between Layla and Zayn's mother was as strong as the bond between Layla and her mother. They considered Layla as their own flesh and blood, loved her unconditionally like their own daughter.

It was a pretty big deal for Zayn's parents to handle this news.

"She'll fight back aunty, she will, please don't worry," Shifa said and sighed, glancing at Imran who looked horrible.

His bloodshot eyes and messy hair made him look scarier than the ocean. "I'll be back," Shifa excused herself and went out, texting Imran to meet her in the cafeteria.

Seeing Imran leave in such a hurry, Iqra followed him and found Shifa standing there.
"What happened?" Imran asked showing lack of interest in Shifa's talk. According to him, it could wait and him being with Layla was way more important than any goddamn conversation.

"That's exactly what I've been wanting to ask you Imran! What the hell happened between you two that day?"

"Shifa, calm down, fighting or arguing with him isn't gonna pull her out of the coma, we need to handle it with patience," Iqra said and sighed as Imran said, "We had a talk which didn't end up well."

"What did you guys talk about?" Iqra asked and he shook his said, saying, "I don't know if I should tell this to you, I can't-" "We know your past Imran, we do," Shifa said in a calmer tone this time, knowing Imran's anger.

Imran looked at them in confusion. "What do you know?" He asked as his nostrils flared and Iqra said, "Everything. How you guys met, how you became close to each other, how you guys developed feelings for each other and what happened when she found out that you were Zayn's brother Imran, we know everything."