Part 14: Are You Wearing Seatbelt?

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

We were now going home, to pick up Mom. Imran was vibing to the song- 'Bad Blood' by Taylor Swift. I didn't know he was a Swiftie too.

"Layla, are you wearing seatbelt?" He asked and I denied it. "Layla, please wear it now." I wore my seatbelt reluctantly.

"I wanna ask you something," I say, as Imran turns down the volume of the song, gesturing me to continue. "What do you think about Hailey and Amaan?" He looked at me in shock, as if I asked him something out of this world.

I raise my eyebrows as if saying 'What?' He then spoke, "You know honestly, they're both weird and stupid in my opinion. I honestly don't get how y'all are together."

"Nah, I'm not asking you that, I meant that, have you noticed some change in their behaviour? Like, I feel that they're both kinda ignoring me and Zayn and behaving the same way?" It triggers some disturbing questions in my mind, but then I choose not to think about them.

"Like they're cheating on you both?" He asked, and I immediately denied it saying, "Imran, they would do anything but cheat on us. Like, there was a time when Amaan was head over heels for me and Hailey, God! You know how she manipulated Zayn into not talking to me just because she was insecure that he would ditch her if I say so."

I laugh nervously because no matter what I say, the thought of Amaan cheating on me scares the shit out of me. I like him a lot, and I can't handle him doing that to me.

"Layla, the time when he was head over heels for you has changed. And not in a good way," He said, and I knew that he could be right.

"Why'd you ask that?" Imran asked, and I replied, "Because I had a feeling, like a bad one. And you never lie, so I asked you what you feel about them."

He may trouble us constantly, but he never lies about anything. Like never ever, except when he is joking or messing with someone. And he knew how serious I was, so I knew he wouldn't lie.

"Hey, there's no need for you to worry about them, okay?" he spoke, comforting me and I nod, looking at him.

"Come, we're home." We got out of the car and went to the elevator. We entered inside and pressed the button to the 23rd floor.
We finally reached home, and Imran rang the doorbell, only to see Mom open the door, all ready to leave. "Salam Mom!" I greeted her, and she hugged me back while greeting me.

"How's my Layla doing?" She asked, as I smiled and replied, "I'm doing good Mom, how are you?" "How do I look to you, hmm? I'm pretty sure I look- Oh my God! Layla, what has happened to your face?" She exclaimed.

Oh God! What do I say now?

I simply stutter and say, "Um, Mom, actually-" "Mom, you know Shifa right? She was doing a prank on us by making these small marks on Layla's face. You know what? We had the same reaction!" Imran chuckled and handled the situation.

I laugh nervously, as Mom looked at me, then said, "Oh Layla! Not gonna lie, I got pretty scared by those nasty little marks!" She sighed and patted me on my back.

"Let's go, shall we?" Imran asked, and we left the house.

* One Hour Later *

"Mom, take a look at this. It's so pretty!" I called her to check out a dress. It was a Lehenga- Indian wear. In other words, it's a blouse and a long skirt, along with a drape.
It is a form of ankle-length skirt from the Indian subcontinent. Different patterns and styles of traditional embroidery are used to decorate the dreamy dress.