Part 34: I Intend To Be Your Last

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

Imran'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"What the hell Imran? Where were you taking me like that?" Layla asked while fixing her dress and hair as I put her back on the ground.
"I wanted to talk to you, and I knew you weren't gonna listen to me, so I had to do this as you left me no choice," I answered as she said, "Yes, because I didnt want to talk to you, isn't that obvious?"

"Why are you doing this Layla? One moment, you're dancing with me and the very next moment, you're running away from me, not wanting to even talk to me?" I asked her and something reflected in her deep green eyes.

"Because I can't pretend anymore! I can't pretend that we didn't share a past or that we didn't like each other! Don't you get it?" She said as she face palmed herself.

"And you think I'm perfectly fine with it? No Layla, I'm not. Whatever I did to Zayn, that was horrible, I know. And no, I don't have any explanation for it, neither do I have any excuse for it. I don't know why I did all that to him, I seriously don't. But don't you see I have changed?" I stepped closer to her, closing the distance between us. She stepped back until she hit her back on the wall behind.

I placed my hands on either side of her on the wall and leaned towards her.

"All because I met a girl, who came into my dark life and lit it up with her smile, she turned my dull life into a colourful one.
She bought out the better part in me, the good qualities that I didn't even know existed inside me. She turned my icy, stone, cold heart into a warm, loving, caring and kind heart.
She always thought that there is good in people, that no one is bad. She changed me, and I changed myself, only for her.
And that girl, who completely changed my life, my personality, my perspective about everything is none other than you Layla."

She had tears in her eyes by now. And I'm pretty sure that she was wondering how she was able to cause a change in me.

"Imran you're- you're saying that you changed because of me?" She asked with disbelief as I said, "I changed for you. You made me realise that there is a different side of the world and to see it, we just need to change our perspective. And only then could I see the better in people, all because of you."

"And I know that I fucked up big, like real big. But that doesn't mean that whatever was between us was fake. No Layla, it was real, all of it. It was the most real thing I've ever felt," I said as I stepped closer to her, her breath hitching.

"But I- Ama-" "And as much as I hate it, I know that we can't be together. Because of so many reasons. Because you are my brother's best friend. Because you like Amaan, and you can't do anything about it.And as much as I hate to share you, I can't force you. But no matter what, you're mine, just mine. He is your first love, and I intend to be your last, however long it takes," I said as I kissed her forehead and she looked at me with stunned eyes.

I wanted to hug her, hold her close to my heart one last time before distancing myself from her. I can't see her with someone else, so I'd rather not see it than bear the pain of seeing her with someone else. Seeing a guy who doesn't deserve her getting even an ounce of her love. It makes me wanna beat the hell out of him every time I see her crying because of him.

I'm gonna make sure he pays for every single drop of tear that has shed from her eyes because of him. I will.

And so I did. I hugged her and held her close to my heart in my embrace. I felt her touch for the last time and said, "Take care Layla, your happiness is very important to me. Which is why I'm going away from you."
I pulled out of the hug and she looked shocked on hearing my words. "What? Where- where are you going?" She asked in a slow voice and I replied, "Away from your and Zayn's lives. I can't change the things I've done, but I can choose what not to do. Being around you and seeing you with someone else is just gonna be a mess for me, and I might- I don't know. I won't be able to stop myself from beating his ass every time he looks at you. All I know is that I need to go." I saw a tear fall from her eye.