Part 30 : No Competition Against Him

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

Though it was Zahra's birthday, I was the one who ended up getting a gift I'll be forever gratul for.
I mean, I got my sister back, and I hope we'll stay on good terms hereafter. I was on my bed, editing some of the photos we took earlier to put them on my Instagram story.

Done. I posted the now edited photos on my story and viewed them. Both of us looked very happy in the photos.
We were smiling at the camera as I put a small amount of cream from the cake on her nose. Some were her solo pics, which she aced. Zahra wished to become a model when we wore younger. She even got classes for a year or two.

In such a little time span, she had done a few modelling jobs for brands like Prada, Dior and many more. But last year, she had a change of heart and chose to help our dad in our family's Multinational Business.

I sometimes feel that she may reconsider about her modelling, because no matter what she says to others, she loves modelling; it's her passion.

I remember attending a few classes with her, when I used to go with her sometimes. I had even done a few ramp walks and well, they were very impressed by my skills. They wanted me model for Vogue, and I was on its cover page with my sister and some other models. They even insisted me on choosing modelling as my career but I had my mind set on becoming a doctor, so I refused the offer saying that I would think about it in the future.

Next Day

I woke up to my alarm that I had set for 6 am to offer my Fajr prayer. I went in the bathroom and did my wudu (ablution), wore my prayer scarf and prayed my Salah. I made prayers for me, my family, friends, every person I knew. I prayed for all the innocent lives of the Palestinians, who are going through a hard time, facing injustice, losing all their family members day by day, everyday.
While making prayers for their safety, I broke down and cried in sujood. I can't even think of what they're facing without crying or getting emotional.

The way how the little babies, children and everyone being killed- it's just so... unfair!
Once I was done with praying, I read Quran for a while and then took a shower.
Rayna decided to throw a surprise birthday party for my sister, and invited the entire college. They were in the same college as me and apparently, were pretty popular. She personally invited all of my friends last night, including Amaan and Hailey. We were gonna go together directly after college and which is why, l am here, sitting in front of my closet, choosing what to wear.
Gah! This is so annoying!

I called Iqra and asked her to come home right now. "Lay I am yet to wear my clothes for the party," she said, to which I replied, "I don't care, bring your clothes and dress up here. It's not like you haven't changed here. Bye." l ended the call and dialled Shifa's number, asking her to come over as well.

"I don't know what to wear!" I exclaimed and she said "That's it? I am bringing some dresses, choose what you want, okay?" She said and I nodded, ending the call. I ran downstairs and opened the door for them to come inside, else them ringing the doorbell would wake up the others.

Few Minutes Later.

"Wow! This looks-" Shifa stopped midway as I turned around, now facing her. We all broke into fits of laughter on seeing the yellow dress tight around my chest.

"Yeah, If l wear this; you'll have to wrap me in a white cloth because I would prefer hanging myself rather than wearing this." I said and went in the washroom to change and came back wearing a black dress that ended just above my knees. It had long puffed sleeves and the dress had layers that gave it a different look.
it looked... amazing: "This is it!' Iqra said and I nodded as Shifa threw a pair of stockings at me. I quickly wore the stockings underneath and kept an extra pair of the same in my bag, just in case it tore.

I then tied my hair in a ponytail after creating a middle partition, and then curled it. Iqra also wore a black dress and paired it with her brown heels. Coincidence or not, even Shifa wore a black sparkly dress that ended at her knees and wore stockings like me and Iqra.
I applied some lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara with some blush and put it all in my bag for I might need it again. I wore a double layered chain with a stone on each layer. I wore my golden hoop earrings and added a few rings to finalise my outfit.

 I wore my golden hoop earrings and added a few rings to finalise my outfit

(Layla's outfit and accessories)

We then walked down slowly and I wore sneakers for now and took my black glittery heels to put them in the car. I took my car keys and silently left my house without making any noise. I sent a quick message to mom about it and we left for college.

I drove us to college and parked my car in the parking and we went to the cafeteria. Oh my God! Is this our college? I wondered as we saw people dressed up as if it was some wedding they are attending.

"It's your sister's birthday or their?' Iqra asked with amusement all over her face. "I really don't know," I said as we sat on our usual table waiting for others to come. "Hey, wanna get some food?" I asked Shifa and Iqra, who nodded and told me to get them anything edible. I smiled on the memory I recollected from these words. It was Imran who said that he would eat anything that is edible.

"Why are you smiling?" Shifa asked, bringing me back from my thoughts. "Huh? Nah nothing. Just something I remembered. Okay I'm gonna get y'all food real quick," I said and fled from there. Knowing my best friends, I knew they'd ask me about it until I told them what it was, so I ran.

As I stood in the queue, someone tapped my shoulders and I turned around. "Hey!" I said to Max and Lexi who smiled and said, "It's your sister's birthday party today I heard?" I gave her a nod and said, "Yeah, you guys are coming?" "Yes, we are. Turns out that Imran and Saarim, your sister Zahra's best friend are good friends. So he invited us as well," Max explained with a shrug.

I sighed, knowing that Imran and Amaan both being there around me could literally turn the party upside down. "What is it, you ain't happy with us being there?" Lexi asked and I shook my head and said, "Uh no no, it's just that... Well, things aren't good between Imran and Amaan and I'm just worried that they don't fight or anything."

"Nah, don't worry. Imran won't fight with someone who has literally no competition against him," Lexi said and winked at me while Theo nudged her slightly. "What? Am I wrong? Even you know this Max" she said and Max just sighed, knowing he can't win against her.
Well, what she said was true. Imran and Amaan have no competition. I don't mean that my boyfriend's a loser or anything, but Imran is... well, a tough competition.

* * * * *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33