Part 40: This Is A Dream

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

Author's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

F L A S H B A C K

Zayn and the girls were waiting in the waiting room with Layla's parents for the doctor to come. "Ya Allah! Please keep my daughter safe from any and every disease and evil eyes. Keep her under your protection. Give her the strength and- and the ability to fight back whatsoever she is suffering from right now, aameen (amen)" Layla's mother prayed for her daughter's well-being whilst crying.
"Aunty, she's going to be alright In Sha Allah (if Allah wills), have faith in his plans," Iqra said pacifying her best friend's mother.

"Excuse me," the doctor came out of Layla's room and said, "I'm sorry, your daughter is in a coma. We can't say when she will be out of it or will she ever gain back her consciousness. We are trying our best Mr. Khan." They couldn't believe their ears, it was indeed a shock for them. "Doctor, do anything you can, no matter how much money it takes, I'll provide everything for my daughter's treatment! Please- just save her," her dad said to the doctor. "I'm sorry Mr. Khan, but there's nothing more we can do instead of waiting for her to wake up," the doctor said and left.

"What's the use of all this money if it can't help my family! No, I- I'll talk to the best of the doctors across the world and they'll treat our Layla," her dad said, feeling helpless. "Uncle, there's no doctor who can pull her out of coma, it's of no use, you need to be strong in order to handle Zahra and aunty," Shifa said and he felt helpless once again.
"I'll inform Zahra about it," Zayn spoke when Shifa added, "And don't forget to tell about it Max, Lexi and Theo as well."

Two Hours Later

Max and Lexi left for the hospital as soon as they got the news. They knew how hard it was for her friends and family at this moment. "Max, I know she is a good friends of yours, but you have to be strong in order to provide support to them, hmm?" Lexi nudged him on seeing his upset face. "Lex, I wanna tell you something," he said and she nodded, letting him continue further.
"Back in school, things were different between me and Layla. I- I liked her, a lot. From the day that I saw her, I admired her and her not knowing about this made me like her even more. Our whole school knew that I liked Layla but her. At first, I thought it was just an attraction and would fade away, but it didn't."

"You liked her? Why didn't you tell me about it before?" She asked and Max replied, "I couldn't manage to tell you about it before. I'm sorry," This put a smile on her face on seeing how genuine her boyfriend was. "Max, whatever it was, it was in the past, and I know you love me more than anybody else could ever! I love you my dumbass. And about Layla, she's such a sweetheart that one would find hard not to fall for her. What happened next?" She asked smiling and he continued,
"After three to four months, I finally gathered the courage to confess to her. My entire friend group judged me for liking her, because they said that 'Layla is a total opposite of me, we both never talk too much and she and I are like north and south poles, she's nowhere near us and that she would never date a guy like me,' but I didn't stop. I proposed her on valentines day after talking about it to Iqra and Shifa. They helped me with it by telling me about her likes- dislikes, her favourite things, and stuff. I even stopped smoking for her, because she hated smoking. And when my friends asked me about me not smoking, I told them the real reason behind it and they mocked me for compromising my habits for a girl."

"Wait wait, so you're saying that The Max Spencer quit smoking for a girl? Are you fucking serious? Oh my God you were so whipped Max!" Lexi said, bursting out into laughter. "I mean, thanks to Layla, that because of her, you stopped smoking. Tell me more about it," she urged as they sat in the car.