Part 6: I Can Eat This All Day

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

F L A S H B A C K C O N T I N U E S

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

My mom had made Chicken Biryani, Chicken Tandoori- Muslim traditional food- and Russian Kababs for dinner.

My family already knew Iqra, Shifa and Sarah as we've been friends for a long time, so I had to introduce them to Zayn and Amaan - which was a lot easier than I imagined.

"So you all were in the same class last year, right? That's how you know Amaan and you and Zayn have been in the same class many times?" my sister Zahra asked. I nodded in response and we continued the dinner.

"Lay can you pass me the Tandoori?" Zayn asked and I passed it to him. My parents were sitting at the ends of the dining table. Iqra was beside my mom, then Sarah and Shifa and my sister Zahra beside my dad. On the other side, Amaan sat beside my dad and I was next to him and Zayn.

"Aunty, everything is very good, please can you teach my mom to make these Kababs too? I can eat this all day." Sarah said as all of us burst out laughing and my mom nodded.
After the dinner, my mom sent me to get the desserts from the kitchen.

"Hey, do you need any, um, help?" I turned around to see Amaan standing behind me. He looked nervous. "Oh no no, I've got this. What are you doing here? Do you need something?"
I asked and waited for his reply. "I don't think you can give me what I want Layla," he mumbled under his breath.
"Huh? Saying something?" I asked him and he denied it.

We went out with the desserts which were Chocolate Cake, Kheer - Muslim traditional- and Ice creams. My mom knew that Kheer was the girls' favourite and so she made it.
We were enjoying the desserts with small chats when Zahra all of a sudden told us to gather in her room, just the kids.

"Oh my God Layla your sister is the life of this dinner," Sarah said while laughing and wiping the tears from her face. What she was doing wasn't the least funny to me; she was telling them some of the embarrassing moments I've had since I was a baby.

"Layla, did you really bite her just because she was playing with your toy?" Zayn asked making me further more embarrassed.

"I did, I mean I was a baby, of like two years or something and she took my fav toy and wouldn't return it. So I did what I thought would make her give it back to me," I huffed while the rest laughed.

"Oh my! It's 11:30 Lay! Sadly I'll have to leave else I won't wake up for school on time," Iqra said and we realized it was late for real.

"I think we all should leave. Thank you for the dinner Layla," Zayn said while side-hugging me.

We went down and they all bid goodbyes to my family and thanked them for the dinner. I walked them to the car.
Since Iqra and Shifa lived next to me, it was just a walk to the next door for them. Sarah hugged me and sat in the car and so did Zayn.

Amaan however walked up to me, and I felt as if something was about to happen.

He stood in front of me, dangerously close and said, "Layla, I think I like you. The moment I saw you again I knew that I was gonna fall for you real bad. I know it's all surprising but I couldn't help myself. I know that I was a jock to you last year, but I've changed now, for the better, for you. I really really like you. You're beautiful, smart, funny and everything a guy looks for in a girl. You are perfect. Think about it, I'd love to date you Layla."

His words left me in shock as he moved away and sat in the car. I can't believe what just happened.

Did Amaan Malik- the guy every girl wants and every boy wants to be like- just asked me out?! How in the world did he like ME?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Zayn's voice who bid me bye and drove away. Iqra and Shifa came to me and asked about what he said.

• • • • • •

*Next Day*

"Layla everything will be fine. I don't think that the school knows about what happened last night," Iqra said, trying to calm me down. I was still in shock and worried about how the school would react to this. I was freaking out.

"Lay don't worry. If anything happens, you know we are there with you. Plus we also have our other friends- Zayn and Sarah along with Amaan- who can handle it," Shifa said. I let out a sigh and we left for school.

•    •    •    •    • 

Everything seemed normal in school. The break had started and I went out, to the cafeteria for the first time.
No gossip, no nothing. I think no one knows about the incident that occurred the night before except us, good for me.

"Oh, my God! Look Layla's coming. I heard Amaan asked her out last night."
What the hell! I take my sentence back; seems like it's some new topic everyone can now gossip on. Dear God, please save me.

I saw Zayn and Shifa sitting at a table with a few empty chairs, so I asked them if I could be with them.
"Layla, there is no need for you guys to ask us! Sit," Sarah smiled and I sat next to them.

"So I heard about it," Zayn said looking in my direction. "Um yeah, it was...I don't know, shocking?" I replied when he said, "Layla, see, I know it may sound weird but you are like a lil sister to me; and as your elder brother, I wouldn't say that I am okay with it. Trust me I've known him for a long time and, you know, I don't trust him when he said that he's changed."

"I know Zayn, I mean, I had no idea that he would like me, but I guess it's just something that'll be gone in a few days or so. And, I appreciate your concern towards me,"

I said while smiling and looking at them. "Sup people," Shifa chirped and sat in front of me with Iqra beside her. We went and brought our food after a while from the canteen.

"Hey Layla, hey everyone." We turned towards the source of the voice only to find Amaan standing there, smiling at us, or me. He took a seat beside me and started making conversations with the rest.

"Hey, Amaan! Would you like to sit with me?" the same girl from that day, Amara, spoke in a sugar-coated voice.

"No, I'm better here," he replied to her when she passed me a hard glare and said, "Oh Amaan, are you interested in her? I mean look at her! I am way better than her and she's not even popular like me. You know what bitch? Stay away from him," she said the last sentence looking at me when Zayn stood up and said, "Amara just leave. Don't you dare use that bitchy tone of yours when talking to Lay, got it?"

She passed me a last dirty look and stormed away.

Phew! This year's gonna be hard for you little Lay.

•   •   •   •   •   •

Hey readers! I hope y'all are enjoying reading 'Her Brother's Bestfriend' as much as I am enjoying while writing it!

Am Please show some love by voting and commenting on the story. It motivates me to write and think of more interesting ideas for y'all!!💗

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲!! <𝟑𝟑