Part 26: She's Off Limits

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

Is it just me or the universe really hates me? First, my phone broke and now when I am out at such an hour, my car breaks down. Just great! Am I like Elena Gilbert from The Vampire Diaries? We both keep attracting problems to ourselves like some magnet.

How will I contact anyone? I can't leave my car and go home or there's gonna be another issue of where I'll be portrayed careless. Ugh! I slowly got out of my car and took the car keys, my purse and my phone. After making sure that my car is locked, I walk around in a tiny hope of seeing anyone who might be of help to me.

It's past nine at night and here I am, wandering on a road, not knowing what to do. I wave my hand in front of a car that passes by, hoping it'll stop to help, but no. I forgot that there are people who are allergic to help somebody.

At least I was safe in my car. I thought to myself as I slowly walk back to my car. Just as I was about to unlock my car, I heard a sound of a motorbike behind me. I turned and saw two guys on it, who then asked, "Hey, what are you doing here at this hour?"

Shall I ask them for help? What if they are some creepy psychopaths who will follow me here after?

"Huh? Oh nothing, I was just waiting for someone. Y'all can go." I say in an attempt for them to go. "Okay, but I'd advise you stay inside your car as it's not safe for you to stay here alone."

One of them said and I nod and watch them leave. Ugh!
I see a car speeding up in a distance and frantically wave in order for the person inside to stop and help me. However, the car passed by me and didn't stop.
"Really? Is that how you people treat someone who needs help? Wow!" I shout at the top of my lungs and immediately regret it once the car slows down and starts to reverse back.

Oh no no no. What if this one's some idiot? Like, what if I accidentally triggered the person inside and they kill me and leave my dead body here? The window to the car slid down and the person inside spoke, "Layla?" How do they know my name? The light inside turns on and I see Theo in there.

Alhamdulillah! "Come, get in and tell me what you're doing here," he said and opened the door for me to get in. I sat inside and told him about why I was out and what happened with my car. "How did your phone break?" He asked and I thought of some excuse. Just as I was about to answer him, his phone rang.
"Excuse me, yes Imran? Oh yeah I'm on my way. I just met-" "No no, don't take my name!" I stopped him midway but whispering lightly, so that Imran doesn't hear my voice.

He gave me a nod and said, "Huh? Yeah I just met someone who was asking for a direction. Um, yeah I'll be there shortly. See you." On ending the call, he asked me that why I didn't want Imran to find out that I was here and so I replied, "Um, well, you're his best friend so, I think I can tell you this. Given our past, he would come here right now if he knew that I am here. So-" "Wait, wait a minute. What past... about you two?" He asked and I knew that I messed up.

He didn't know it. Imran didn't tell him about our past, about us, about what we wanted to be but couldn't be.

"You- you don't know?" I ask as he denied it and said, "You can trust me Layla, and share it with me, that is if you are comfortable."

And so, while going to get my phone repaired, I told him about me and Imran. How we became friends, how we started to like each other and how we wanted to be together, and, how it all came crashing down.

"Okay, so you're telling me that you both knew each other but you didn't know that he was the Imran who is Zayn's brother and he didn't know that you were Zayn's best friend Layla?" I nodded and he continued, "So why did you stop talking?"