Part 42: Some Chicken Wings

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading!
Happy reading<33

Author's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

"Yeah and Max then asked you for a dance and you both danced. Soon you dragged us on the dance floor as well and it was such an amazing day." Shifa said and Layla smiled.

"And and and, after the cake cutting-" "No Zayn, you're so not saying that," Shifa said in annoyance and Zayn chuckled. "Am I?" He asked and smirked before continuing, "You prepared a slide of Shifa's photos- all of her childhood photos."

"I did? That's great, isn't it?" I asked and Iqra said, "Oh yes it is. But all the pics were captured either when she was crying or when she was annoyed or during her embarassing moments like when she was getting scolded by her mom, or when she and her brother were fighting, ya know."

Everyone threw their head back in laughter while Shifa passed Iqra a death glare as we irrupted laughing again.

Shifa's playful banter and Zayn's mischievous grin brought a warmth to her heart, reminding Layla of  the joy that comes from sharing moments of laughter and camaraderie with loved ones. Even in the face of Layla's memory loss and the uncertainty that loomed over their future, they found solace in each other's company

The conversation flowed effortlessly among Layla and her friends. Despite the trials and tribulations they faced, their friendship remained unwavering, a beacon of light in the darkness.

As Zayn excused himself, the room settled into a comfortable lull, the soft hum of conversation filling the air as the girls exchanged stories and shared laughter. Iqra, Shifa, and Layla found solace in each other's company, their words a soothing balm against the lingering tension that had pervaded the room.

With Zayn's departure, the atmosphere lightened, a sense of ease washing over the group as they allowed themselves to momentarily forget the troubles that plagued them. Their conversation drifted from one topic to the next, spanning from childhood memories to dreams for the future, each moment a precious reprieve from the weight of their worries.

As they laughed and reminisced, the bond between them grew stronger, a testament to the enduring power of friendship in the face of adversity. And amidst the warmth of their companionship, Layla found herself momentarily forgetting the turmoil that had consumed her world, her heart lightened by the simple joy of being surrounded by those who cared for her.

"Hey, we're going to Drew's, you guys want something?" Max peeped in and asked as Layla's face lit up with smile.

"Oh my God you're going to Drew's! I almost forgot how much I missed eating there. Can you please get me a cheese loaded fries with some chicken wings?" Layla asked with a smile on her face.

Layla's face lit up with excitement at the mention of Drew's, making her friends smile at her infectious enthusiasm. Despite the challenges she faced, she never lost her zest for life, embracing each moment with a spirit of optimism and resilience.

"Layla you cannot eat outside food, you know that, right?" Iqra said and Layla nodded.

"Yes I do, but it feels like it's been ages since I last ate from Drew's, please?" She requested and Max gave in.

"Yeah okay fine-" "Max what are you saying? She can't eat that yet," Shifa blurted, looking at Max who looked pretty helpless.

"Shifa you do know that I can't go against that face she's making, right? Plus, it's fine if she eats something from Drew's place, it's safe," he continued after sighing.