Part 31: Fall Three Times Back To Back

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

As we entered the party hall, we were greeted by the loud music banging our ears. People were dancing everywhere and enjoying the party. The disco lights flashed from place to place, making me blind the moment they made contact with my eyes. "Are disco lights that necessary in parties?" I asked with a sigh as Iqra dragged me along with her from my hand and replied, "Duh, it's a party. Parties are all about dance, music, lights and... fun! Enjoy it while it lasts."

I mentally cursed myself to agree coming to my sister's birthday party. I would rather sit at home and watch The Vampire Diaries for the billionth time while eating a pizza than coming here. "Oh hey! You're here!" Rayna exclaimed on seeing me and my friends and hugged me as I kissed her cheek.

"Cake?" She asked and Zayn handed it over to her, as she immediately took it out from the box and checked if it was okay or not. The cake looked perfectly fine, just how she wanted it. "Thankyou so much. I don't know what would I do without your help!" Rayna shrugged and thanked us as I said, "Ray, that's fine. You're doing this for my sister. And I'm very happy that you're doing all this for her."

"Is it just you four? Where are Amaan and Hailey?" She asked as Shifa said, "God knows where they are. We told them to meet us so that we could come together, but they weren't there." "Um, I'm sure they'll be here shortly," I said patiently as Rayna nodded and said, "Well, till then go and enjoy the party. I'll inform you when Zahra will come."
I nodded and we went out from the kitchen towards the dance floor, where we saw Max and Lexi swaying to the music.

"Hey!" Iqra shouted out to them as they came to us and happily said, "Hey! Come on let's dance!" Lexi dragged me to the dance floor and danced as I looked at her in amusement. The girl's fun to be with. Cheery, sweet, energetic, beautiful and sassy. "I said 'Let's Dance' not 'Let me dance' Layla" she said, pressurising on the word 'me' as she saw my lack of dancing at the moment. "Oh uhm actually-" "I know you're a really good dancer alright? No lying to me that you don't know how to dance or stuff. Come on!" She huffed and spun me around as I let out a small chuckle and danced a bit.

"Wohoo! That's what I wanted to see!" Lexi chirped over the music as she went and dragged Iqra and Shifa while Max and Zayn just looked at us in shock. The four of us started to dance and laugh and suddenly, the music stopped. "Whaaatt?! Why did it stop?" Lexi shouted as she went to the DJ and you won't believe what she did next. The girl literally took the headphones and started to play the songs while vibing as the rest of the people swayed to the songs she played.

"Max, tell me honestly, is your girl high?" Zayn asked as Max shrugged and said, "I've been thinking about the same thing. And honestly, I don't know. Lemme just get her back." Saying this, Max left to bring Lexi as my phone buzzed in my purse due to Rayna's message.